The self check-in is great and simple to use. The room is small. If you are planning to stay here for the fist time with a partner and 2 or 3 sets of luggage there is almost no room to maneuver, really!!!.
However once you have managed to stow some stuff away under the bed and get settled in, the extra large bed and great extremely easy to set up Internet, help make the initial feeling of discomfort easier to bear.
Otherwise the TV is good, the room light and temperature settings are effective and the remote is easy to use.
The shower was fine and the use of the space for the toilet was quite ingenious, although hardly private.
Unfortunately our basin had a horrific stench coming from it which has been reported to Management so hopefully this is attended to.
The lounges and many large books were great, and the hotel is very quiet inside.
I have 2 major issues however.
Firstly there are no coffee making facilities in the room! It is easy enough to get a cup of tea or coffee downstairs but at 8 Euros a round, it’s just not reasonable value for money, which the company are so hard pressed to market themselves as!
In fact in hindsight I was really irritated as I had a 4 star option near Schiphol as well for 30 Euros/night more on a weekend special for a double room, which included a full Breakfast, and definitely had a kettle in the room, but chose the Citizen M based on the reviews.
So if my wife and I had 4 cups of coffee each over the 2 full days and nights and paid for the hopelessly overpriced breakfast offer we would have paid significantly more. The breakfast by the way was a fruit, croissant/sandwich and cup of coffee for 9.95 Euros.
So my question to the management is if you are not going to provide a simple necessity like tea/coffee in the rooms, is it not possible to offer this at a much more reasonable price in the public areas? This is not to compare with a cup of coffee at Starbucks, but at cost to you as you are not providing this in the first place.
Secondly and I guess it’s my mistake, but we still had a rental car and there is no parking available so you have to use the Airport parking, which as we all know, Airports all over the world are exorbitantly expensive.
As soon as I realised this it totally soured the experience further as the 2nd option also had free parking.
We made a crazy plan and parked in the rental car parking area and then recovered the car early the next morning, which saved me 35 Euros, but was irritating.
So as long as future patrons are aware of these facts, and weigh them up against the other options, the Citizen M is still a refreshing option, and with the 5 minute walk to the Airport terminal, it makes for real convenience especially for early morning flights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Connected to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, citizenM offers affordable luxury for the weariest of travellers, with 355 rooms. Just a two-minute walk from the airport terminals, citizenM is a welcomed pit stop for the savvy and time-pressed guests. Business nomads also have the ease of booking at citizenM's newest societyM: a unique solution of creative meeting spaces. At societyM guests swap bleak conference suites for meeting rooms with innovative design, hi-tech hardware, plush Vitra furniture - even wipe-free walls. For the jet lagged mobile citizens, there's always high pressure rain showers, a XL king-size bed, mood lighting, and bespoke amenities. Enjoy free movies, stream your own content to the TV, and check out the genius MoodPad tablet that controls every detail of your room from temperature and blackout blinds to personalized music. 24/7 dining and cocktailing is also available at canteenM, whether you crave a hot breakfast or a cold beer. It's your call. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your citizenM Schiphol Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citizenm Hotel Amsterdam Airport Hotel Schiphol-Rijk
- CitizenM Schiphol Airport Haarlemmermeer