I have stayed at this hotel before when it has newly opened. The hotel rooms are translucent thereby making it awkward to stay with someone other than your spouse. The shower area is separated by a sheer curtain from the bed. While the concept seems unique but its impractical to use. Almost everything is automated. From check in to check out. The shower in the bathroom lacks water pressure which leaves you feeling so very disappointed. At least for me it did not work. Despite staying there for 2 nights, the shower was not fixed. I ended up having to use the hand shower which had a better water pressure. There are no decent english channels to view except BBC and CNN. For any normal english movie also it is only pay per view. Despite checking in, checking out and rechecking into the same room, the linen was not changed nor was the room cleaned properly. The window blinds do not go up all the way so you have to see the runway through the striped blinds. While the hotel lobby looks new aged, the rooms and the hallway give you the feeing that it is like a college dormitory. A croatian staff member Katharena (if I recall her name) is very entertaining and a nice person to interact with. I would recommend the hotel for single travellers or couples due to the close proximity to the airport and because you can manage rooms under Euro 100. The Sheraton at Schiphol would cost over Euro 250 easily. The internet in the hotel is free (wi fi) but it breaks too frequently, which can be really frustrating when you are in the middle of work or downloading email or surfing the web. Overall, for me the unclean bed and linen and the poor water pressure in the shower would make me think twice before staying here again. Moreso because most staff just seemed to be doing their shift (multi tasking) so no one was really bothered to resolve the guests concerns. That I think should be the number one priority in the hospitality industry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Connected to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, citizenM offers affordable luxury for the weariest of travellers, with 355 rooms. Just a two-minute walk from the airport terminals, citizenM is a welcomed pit stop for the savvy and time-pressed guests. Business nomads also have the ease of booking at citizenM's newest societyM: a unique solution of creative meeting spaces. At societyM guests swap bleak conference suites for meeting rooms with innovative design, hi-tech hardware, plush Vitra furniture - even wipe-free walls. For the jet lagged mobile citizens, there's always high pressure rain showers, a XL king-size bed, mood lighting, and bespoke amenities. Enjoy free movies, stream your own content to the TV, and check out the genius MoodPad tablet that controls every detail of your room from temperature and blackout blinds to personalized music. 24/7 dining and cocktailing is also available at canteenM, whether you crave a hot breakfast or a cold beer. It's your call. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your citizenM Schiphol Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citizenm Hotel Amsterdam Airport Hotel Schiphol-Rijk
- CitizenM Schiphol Airport Haarlemmermeer