“Excellante !!!!”

citizenM Schiphol Airport
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Schiphol
Reviewed April 13, 2009

I stayed in CitizenM as it was recommended to me by someone wo had experienced it. WOW !!!!! I thanked him a lot for recommending it. It was so close to Schipol and it was very easy for me to kill a day roaming around in Amsterdam and other attractions before getting into the flight next day.

The staff were very cordial, warm and helpful. I felt like home.

I really appreciate the designer for bringing in such an elegance in that tiny space. Moodpad is something cool and innovative.

I would recommend everyone to experience the same.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (5,071)

Reviewed April 10, 2009

This hotel is perfect if you need an overnight stay near Schiphol. However if your plans are to explore the city center and surrounds for a number of days I would stay closer to the center, not next to the airport. It is a 4-5 minute walk to the hotel and you are walking under a roof, but beware if it is raining and the winds are blowing because you will get drenched.
Check in easy and staff friendly, helpful. Room on smaller side but bed VERY comfortable, nice flat screen TV, and you cannot hear any noise from the outside. Found the high tech controls fairly easy to use which control everything from lighting, music, blinds, to wake up calls. I was a little worried that I had not set my wake up call correctly and asked staff to double check. They were very helpful and I took them up on their offer to knock on my door to make sure I was up for flight!! They were right on time.
Free wifi throughout and their are 6 computers in lobby for guest use, many comfortable chairs to relax in, and the bar area is nice as well. There are some ready made foods you can choose from however I found it easier to walk back to the airport and eat, and you can shop as well. This is a fun, unique hotel, and I would definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2009
Reviewed April 8, 2009

We loved Citizen M. The concept is so unique and fun! The staff was extremely helpful to us. The canteen area wasn't gourmet, but everything we needed was available. The beds were marvelous. My only caution is that you must be extremely comfortable with the person with whom you share a room. The amount of privacy is minimal. The rooms also aren't geared for those with accessibility issues. I do not know if they have different rooms to meet those who need special disability assistance. We didn't find the travel into the city difficult or costly, especially with the rooms rates being as reasonable as they are. It is a fun experience and a great value. We'd stay there again in a flash!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JeanVW
Reviewed April 6, 2009

I can only echo every positive review below, but our experience of CitizenM makes me hope that one day they achieve the goal of a hotel in every major city on the planet. The concept is excellent, and the pre-paid non-flexible rate offers incredible value for money considering the quality of the experience. This hotel really is unique, but the good stuff goes way beyond the fantastic room and facilities. The staff can make or break a hotel, however good the concept, and in our experience CitizenM have this covered too.

On arrival, we found that the automatic booking system had messed up both the number of nights we were staying and also the rate. Having experienced similar problems in other hotels before ("computer says no"), which spiralled into nightmare scenarios of being stranded without accommodation or charged elevated rates to stay, we feared the worst.

However, the duty manager at CitizenM was completely calm and reassuring from the word go, at no point allowing us to worry that he wouldn't be able to rectify the problem, and sure enough, within 2 minutes, all had been put right without a single raising of either voices or blood pressure. This calm professionalism permeated the whole weekend every time we interacted with staff. My only fear is that CitizenM will do TOO well, and the prices will rise. Well done to the team at Schiphol, and we WILL be back.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank James_and_Julie
Reviewed April 5, 2009

Check in and out were easy, the staff were friendly (if mostly unnecessary) the room was spotless and very comfy. And I have never been to an airport hotel that was so quiet! I will be back

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed April 5, 2009

I was staying two nights at citizenM. After my landing I walked to the hotel. It's located on your right side when you coming to the arrivals area. You can walk inside all the way to Starbucks and use that door to get outside. From that point you see the hotel. IT's a few minuters walk away.
Check-in was very easy and quick. Friendly staff was welcoming you and asked if this was your first stay. You check-in at a computer and it's very easy to just follow the screen.
The rooms are small but for me that was not an issue. I didn't spend so much time in my room. It's a new design in the rooms. You have remote controll for lights, blinds and TV. So cool with diffrent mood setting for lights.
The hotel has four computers free to use, there is also WiFi. You can also use a printer. In the entrance of the hotel they have a little shop with sandwiches and drinks. You can buy a breakfirst plate. I didn't eat at the hotel, I walked to the airport plaza to eat and shop.
This hotel is very good in every kind of way. I really liked it and I will be staying here again when I come to Amsterdam next time.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed March 31, 2009

We had a near perfect overnight stay at the Citizen M. After five museums in one day, I found the comfy bed and wonderful shower quite welcome. Check in and out is a cinch. So easy to get to on foot and quite convenient for early departures. Great public transportation from the airport makes staying here at least one night a no brainer. Rooms are a bit small if you have lots of luggage. The rooms are amazingly quiet. Only negative was an alarm that failed to go off.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank luvtogo09
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiphol
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Dorint Airport Hotel Amsterdam
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Been to citizenM Schiphol Airport? Share your experiences!