I have stayed at this property perhaps 5-6 times since it opened. The most recent being two stays within the same week for one and two nights respectively.
They were so good about responding to email query and also to sort out room related requests. Being a CitizenM member, I was welcomed with a free drink voucher (on request). When I informed the check in rep that on my first stay the voucher was not handed over, he trusted me and gave me two drink vouchers. This speaks a lot about a hotel attitude and makes me want to rate the staff service 5 star so the trust they showed. :)
The staff doubling up like bar tenders as well make you the most exquisite cocktails. Now THAT is what I call TALENT. The ambiance is relaxed and friendly and there isn't a moment of awkwardness even for a solo traveler like me on this business trip.
The entire team seem like a happy bunch of people enjoying their jobs, are multilingual and seem to go all out to help. Most major hotel brands would also show stiffness and talk about rules. At CitizenM Schiphol, its an entire different story of warmth and affability.
There is plenty of food options to pick up from the bistro 24x7 (which I found a little expensive for microwavable food at Euro 13.95, and other items like Sushi for Euro 8.95). I also noticed a hot dinner buffet (which was well priced at Euro 11.95).
The free wifi works fine but I did have these times when it died on me for 30 mins in a row and that was quite frustrating in the midst of important emails or skype calls. They definitely need to improve on the speed of wifi in the hotel.
My electronic set up of my room malfunctioned. One call to the front desk and they reset my room (which needed to check me out and recheck me in). After that things seemed to work fine.
A laundromat facility would make this hotel so perfect. Sometimes when you are by yourself in a hotel, you could well use your time to do laundry and have everything clean and smelling fresh when you get back home.
I still maintain that this hotel is not meant to share rooms unless you are really "close / intimate" with the person because more or less everything is see through and too open for comfort. Alternatively of course, you and your companion need to have the understanding to take turns despite a curtain dividing the shower / toilet area from the bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Connected to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, citizenM offers affordable luxury for the weariest of travellers, with 355 rooms. Just a two-minute walk from the airport terminals, citizenM is a welcomed pit stop for the savvy and time-pressed guests. Business nomads also have the ease of booking at citizenM's newest societyM: a unique solution of creative meeting spaces. At societyM guests swap bleak conference suites for meeting rooms with innovative design, hi-tech hardware, plush Vitra furniture - even wipe-free walls. For the jet lagged mobile citizens, there's always high pressure rain showers, a XL king-size bed, mood lighting, and bespoke amenities. Enjoy free movies, stream your own content to the TV, and check out the genius MoodPad tablet that controls every detail of your room from temperature and blackout blinds to personalized music. 24/7 dining and cocktailing is also available at canteenM, whether you crave a hot breakfast or a cold beer. It's your call. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your citizenM Schiphol Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citizenm Hotel Amsterdam Airport Hotel Schiphol-Rijk
- CitizenM Schiphol Airport Haarlemmermeer