“Fun and Super-Convenient”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Schiphol
Hilo, Hawaii
“Fun and Super-Convenient”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I was concerned it would be difficult to find from the airport train station, but it couldn't have been easier. Great signage and visible just out side the terminal. About a 5 minute walk. Very good for solo travelers, maybe a bit uncomfortable for a couple. Rooms are very small but exactly what I needed. Huge bed, fascinating amenities, cool lighting, free movies on demand, able to use "business center" to print out boarding passes. The staff was friendly, warm and helpful. The rate was very reasonable - check in and out was a breeze.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (756)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Knowing I had to fly via Amsterdam to get to Brussels with the Thalys, I was already looking forward to staying at Citizen M Schiphol after having stayed there a few years ago. It didn't disappoint.
For me personally, the hotel just has such a relax and casual atmosphere. The self check in facility is great, I was having a friendly chat and laugh the next morning with the guys working at breakfast, the bed is super comfortable and the design of the room makes me want to rebuild it in my own house.
For the price matched with the location and product offered, I don't think there is anything which can really match is value for money wise.

Please make more Citizen M hotels in other places also!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Walk to the hotel and then the fun begins! Check in is actually fun and interesting. The staff is just superb, helping when you need them, staying out of the way when you don't. The rooms are really funky, interesting and fun. They are small, but really modern and functional so get over it. Great bar area, fantastic breakfast. Stroll to the airport and you are off. You'll be back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Lipno nad Vltavou, Czech Republic
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Travelled alone and this hotel is great. At the airport, friendly stuff, nice clean room with comfortable bed and nice designed equipment.
The 24 hours service and open bar with all the time ready meal...Just great.
4* because charged 2.50 € for paying with Visa. Place where you can't pay cash is charging extra fee when paying with card.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Somerset West, South Africa
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Want to get off the plane, load your bags on a trolley and walk 5 minutes under cover to a hotel, then CitizenM would meet your needs. Book in is like check in at the airport, and is done at one of the electronic terminals in the reception area. The room is modern with no wasted space as the shower rolls out into the passage. The bed is huge and comfortable. Trolleys wait for you outside the hotel for your return to Schiphol. I have no hesitation in recommending the hotel as excellent value for money.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Frank R
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I had an 8.00 departure at Schiphol and didn't want to take the train from Rotterdam that morning. The location of the hotel and price were the deciding factors for selecting citizenM. I have status with a few of the hotels at Schiphol but prices at the other hotels were too high for one night.

Off airport locations, some I have status with, were affordable but required airport shuttle or catching the train (Hoofdorp). I have bad luck with NS in the morning, I once had to take a taxi from Rotterdam due to NS being 2 hours delayed, and decided I didn't want to chance missing the flight by need of transportation.

citizenM is larger than most capsule hotels and is really perfect for a single night. It really is only big enough for two people and hopefully you're rather close. The shower and toilet are in self-contained glass capsules. There is a privacy curtain for the modest.

Checkin was a breeze and completed in 5 minutes. Key cards are luggage tags that guests can keep. I was also offered welcome drinks from the bar which was a nice touch.

The bar and lounge areas can be quite crowded at times. Food offerings that night was a veal dinner. If I hadn't gone out to A'Dam I would have liked to try the dinner.

For those that stay to have a meal or drink you can pick selections and take them back to your room.

All TV programming is complimentary including on demand movies and not so kid friendly movies. Mood lighting is a nice touch as well as the controls for lighting and the curtains.

I spent 12 hours at the hotel and found the rooms to be quite comfortable and quiet. The beds are rather large and extremely comfortable. It's about the size of a king bed and not composed of two single beds. I could see planes taking off and gates at Terminal C but I never heard noise.

If I were to stay again I would prefer a room on a higher floor so I can see more airport activity and takeoffs.

Room Tip: Pick airport side and a high floor if you are an AVGeek.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EliteStatus
europe
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I booked 2 nights in this hotel as need to try out the citizenM.As I rented a car need overnight parking for 1 night and inserted in the citizenM-website :"overnight parking amsterdam schiphol" and the 4th ot 5th solution was parking in front of the hotel between 9pm and 9am as local schiphol parking was not good as they charge 2 days for 1 night (!) I was suppiest that you could park on schiphol and phone the hotel. Nice brazilian man replied, don't park as the fine will be very big!! looked again in the citizenM website and saw that the solution was for the other amsterdam hotel. I informed the "support@citizenm.com" so they can inform their webmaster and they replied "Regarding your confusion of information provided, you have probabii chose the wrong hotel. This can happen, some people by accident book the wrong hotel/city." I think that is not what I expect from customerservice, totally wrong mentality and I cancelled directly my reservation. maybe their business is now already so big that they can afford this mentalty towards future clients.I spent my money elsewere .

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Paul B
citizenDiego, at citizenM Schiphol Airport, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Hi 'jhonnyhome',

We failed, and apologize for letting you down.

I tracked personally the communication you had with our support team and took immediate actions to prevent from happening again in the future. You have booked a room here, citizenM Schiphol Airport, searched for parking options on our website and the result returned an answer from our sister hotel, citizenM Amsterdam. From the moment you alerted us the first time, calling the hotel, we should have followed up in a more proactive way.

We do care for our guests and are committed each day to provide great experiences. Unfortunately as shown through your own experience we don’t get it 100% right at all times. We are thrilled that we score high in our guest satisfaction, as you can read from other reviews, but are each time frustrated if we fall short.

That said, the issue in the website has been fixed returning now the right result. Learning from your experience, we can prevent from happening again with other guests, as well the way we communicate and answer to inquires. If you feel we deserve another chance in the future, we will be thrilled to welcoming you in a future visit to Amsterdam, Schiphol or other citizenMs. But also understand if not.

Wish you all the best and sorry again for the issue you experienced.

Diego
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiphol
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Been to citizenM Schiphol Airport? Share your experiences!