This is the hotel re-invented! It is a hotel designed with us the guest in mind. Just think - what would you like in a hotel? A large, comfortable bed? Free wi-fi? Free on-demand movies? Flat screen TV? Friendly staff? Cool design? And reasonably priced? Sounds good doesn't it? Well that's CitizenM.
It is just so refreshing to stay somewhere and not feel ripped off in some way. You know the feeling, even if the EUR 250 room is great, why do they charge EUR 24 for wireless access?
There are three on-airport hotels at Schphol - the other two are at least EUR 250 per night or more. At less than EUR 100 the CitizenM is incredibly good value. It is also by far the best airport hotel I have ever stayed in.
How do they do it? Well there is no room service and the rooms are not large - as wide as the king-size bed and twice as long - but they are functional. The hi-tech lighting and audio-visual controls are cool - although I could not get internet radio to work. The shower is great - check-out the morning and evening shower gels - created by the same people that did Viktor & Rolf's perfume line. There isn't a lot of room to store or hang clothes.
This is functional design at its best. CitizenM breaks the rules of conventional hotels. It does the things it sets out to do wonderfully well, nothing more, nothing less.
It is not a hotel to spend hours in your room. Why would you with the welcoming ground floor living room? Great design furninture, a row of Mac's to play on, a funky bar (bit expensive), tv's to watch and books to read.
If you are the type of person who wants a turn down service with a chocolate or be able to call room service at any time for a cup of hot water then avoid this hotel. If you are a frequent traveller who appreciates great design and hates to be ripped off, then make sure you stay at CitizenM. You will not regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Connected to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, citizenM offers affordable luxury for the weariest of travellers, with 355 rooms. Just a two-minute walk from the airport terminals, citizenM is a welcomed pit stop for the savvy and time-pressed guests. Business nomads also have the ease of booking at citizenM's newest societyM: a unique solution of creative meeting spaces. At societyM guests swap bleak conference suites for meeting rooms with innovative design, hi-tech hardware, plush Vitra furniture - even wipe-free walls. For the jet lagged mobile citizens, there's always high pressure rain showers, a XL king-size bed, mood lighting, and bespoke amenities. Enjoy free movies, stream your own content to the TV, and check out the genius MoodPad tablet that controls every detail of your room from temperature and blackout blinds to personalized music. 24/7 dining and cocktailing is also available at canteenM, whether you crave a hot breakfast or a cold beer. It's your call. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your citizenM Schiphol Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citizenm Hotel Amsterdam Airport Hotel Schiphol-Rijk
- CitizenM Schiphol Airport Haarlemmermeer