“Great overnight bolt hole” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of citizenM Schiphol Airport

citizenM Schiphol Airport
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Schiphol
Australia
“Great overnight bolt hole”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Ideally located on the doorstep of the airport - great sound proofing as no air traffic noise - slept very well. Would suit a business traveler or an overnight stayer as rooms are small but was perfect for our requirements.of an early flight out of Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Rooms are small, if you have a lot of luggage you may struggle for space
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelurchins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (704)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

This hotel has a great vibe and very innovative ideas. From the nice dining area to the room layout and integrated technology experience. The rooms are clean and quiet even though it is so close to the airport - no disturbances. A great stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Technically , I did not stay here however I walked in to the hotel needing somewhere to stay for the night after having problems with my flight . I was told there was no rooms available but the gentleman on reception Andy came with to the computer area and helped me book a hotel nearby ,this was a very nice personal touch and for this I was truly grateful.

Room Tip: pre book in advance
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Good, modern hotel at walking distance (few minutes) from Schiphol Airport. Perfect if you have to take an early flight and you would like to have a good rest before your flight.
Rooms are not very large but the bed is. The toilet and shower are placed in 'tubes' in the room. Very trendy; but it makes these rooms a bit hard to share with somebody else (unless this person is your partner or very good friend). Hotel is rather expensive (a bit too, I would say).
Little shop/restaurant in the hotel where you can buy drinks/food, also a bit expensive. On your way to the check-in you will find 2 small supermarkets (AH to go) where you can also buy some drinks/snacks, if needed..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LindaNetherlands
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

I had booked to stay at the Yotel but they moved me here due to them getting work done on their roof. I didn't think it was ideal as Yotel is in the terminal but I loved Citizen M.

Check in was so efficient with a girl waiting to see me as soon as I came in the door. She was very pleasant. The rooms are on the small side but it's exactly what you need if you are just there for a short stay. You enter and the shower was on the right and the toilet directly across from it on the left. If you're staying as a couple, that might be slightly weird but as a solo traveller, it was completely fine. The shower doesn't work if you don't have the doors shut so no chance of wetting the entire room. The shampoo / shower gel smells amazing!

The bed is extremely comfy and the addition of the cuddly toy is cute. There are automatic blinds which is a novel feature. The mood lighting in the room is also an excellent idea and is great when you are lounging around in the evening and want a dimmer light or in the morning when you want it a bit brighter.

I didn't go to the bar for drinks or food but it looks extremely well stocked and there are lots of seats on the ground floor.

I would definitely return here if I was coming back to Amsterdam - probably choosing to stay out here rather than in the city centre.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Stewart C
Stavanger, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Very modern and unique room design that has the most efficient use of space I have ever seen! Spacious and super comfortable bed.
The hotel is just outside the airport. It takes 5 minutes to get there from the train station by very well marked path. Perfect hotel for those who plan to take early flight.
Excellent value for money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed at CitizenM hotel last week, 22nd and 23rd. Planned to stay only 1 night, but my flight got canceled, so I extended my stay extra night. Already first day I noticed red itchy marks on my hands, but didn't think much of it, I thought it was mosquito bites. After second night I had way more bites, I "googled" and came up with bed bugs. On check out reported it to one of employees. I was told that it's probably mosquitos. Then I received an e-mail from management, they claimed that that they had checked my room and found nothing, the inspection was done by proper company. I asked for the report, stating that the inspection showed no bed bugs, so far still haven't received it. I spoke an acquaintance who's an attorney, and he said that I would have really hard time to try and sue them form any compensation.
Anyway, the minute I walked out of the aircraft I dropped off my entire suitcase at dry cleaners and asked them to "nuke" entire luggage and everything inside with whatever they have available against bed bugs. When I got home I got undressed in bathtub, and packed all my clothes in plastic bags and also took it to dry cleaners.
Oh and in the e-mail they told me that I may have got the bed bugs from another hotel. And that's not possible, prior to my stay at CitizenM I stayed for a week at a hotel in Chianciano Terme in Italy and no signs of bed bugs.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
citizenDiego, at citizenM Schiphol Airport, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Hi "Adam F",

This is an extremely sensitive issue that we take seriously, we do not play in such cases but action accordingly. This is for your interest of course, and ours, as we work on maintaining a sparkling clean hotel for guests staying with us.

Both, our assistant hotel manager and area manager have been in touch with you, and as mentioned, our standard is to seal the room and have a specialised company searching the whole room thoroughly. The confirmation was forwarded to you with the official report. For any citizen concerned about this, please email me directly at citizendiego@citizenm.com and I will be happy to forward a proof.

I'm very sorry to hear the discomfort you were suffering after your trip in Europe, hopefully you are much better now. I do hope you have contacted all other accommodations you stayed prior to citizenM.

If you need any other information or assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly, or the area manager to whom you already exchanged emails.

I wish you all the best,
Diego
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiphol
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport
Van der Valk Hotel Schiphol
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel Amsterdam Airport

Been to citizenM Schiphol Airport? Share your experiences!