All reviews would stay here again stayed here the kitchen clubhouse suite
Selected filters
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Friendly, outgoing, energetic owners provide a perfect place for any type of traveler to enjoy. Gorgeous view on the entire inlet. Countless items to use for your enjoyment. Bikes, canoes, kayaks are free to use for your adventures, and countless items to use while staying in the yard to enjoy the day. Norm's is the first and only place we call when planning a trip to Queen Charlotte. Nothing can damper their spirits. Even being woken up early by a crying baby doesn't spoil their spirits!

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Andrew F
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I'm always a little wary of vacation rentals. I don't know why - maybe it's the feeling of being in someone's space.

My husband and I came Haida Gwaii after 22 hours of ferry and night in Prince Rupert. Our ferry was unseasonably rough and we were ready to crash for the evening.

However, when we arrived at Chateau Norm we couldn't go to sleep too early! The view from the bonfire was amazing. The drizzle and sleep deprivation couldn't pry us from the lawn chairs.

Norm and his partner were very kind. Great stories and lovely boozy pineapple chunks made for an entertaining evening.

When we finally went to our room, we were very pleased with the bed and bathroom. We stayed in the "Master bedroom with ensuite bathroom, downstairs". It was comfortable and very clean. It has a tv that we didn't use.

I only wish we didn't stay there the day we were totally exhausted from our travels! They have a lovely looking hottub and kayaks that we were too pooped to enjoy.

Date of stay: August 2011