“Beautiful view - very reasonable price”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Queen Charlotte City
Premier Creek Lodging
Aurora, Canada
“Beautiful view - very reasonable price”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Most Inns and B&B's are very well priced on Haida Gwaii. And most have a great view of the sea. Premier is no exception except to say that it exceeded our expectations. A room with a view to the busy wharf. Porch (shared), very spacious, small fridge (larger than a bar fridge), toaster and exceptional service; king-sized beds all for $95 a night. They even had fresh flowers, granola bars and small chocolates. And for an older building (oldest Inn on the islands), it was not smelly and was recently appointed with new bathroom shower, sink and toilet.

To top it off, I left a souvenir sweatshirt that when I called about it they readily mailed it back to me.

Highly recommended - wish we spent more nights there. Would recommend this over Gracie's, as quaint as that was.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view do not come with a premium cost. Wide variety of rooms including single beds with...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Baronchal2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I stayed 4 nights at Premier Creek and my luggage stayed 7 nights. Lenore and Peter were kind enough to store my luggage while I went on an expedition with Moseby Explorers. They did not charge me for that service and even moved the luggage to where it was stored (and I did not travel lightly).

I wanted an inexpensive room to sleep in while I was in Haida Gwaii. I was traveling solo and did not expect to be spending much time in my room. The Premier Creek has rooms where you can share with other people, but I wanted my own room. The rooms (#7 and #9) were tiny, had a twin bed, small tv, and sink. The windows didn't offer a view. I shared a bathroom, but never had a problem getting in. Wi-fi was free and I had a good signal in my room. I rented a car on one of the days of my stay and there was parking in the back. I had to do laundry and they had a laundry room in the back of the hostel and it cost only $5 and it was untimed and came with detergent included. The machines worked well.

Lenore and Peter were very nice and accommodating. Queen Charlotte City has some places to eat, has a visiitor center and car rentals. It is about 5km from the ferry and you can hitch a ride to the ferry or into Skidegate with no problem It's the first time I've hitched in 30 years (I think).

The Premier Creek is an affordable option for your stay in Haida Gwaii. They do have nicer rooms with really good ocean views if you want something a bit nicer and more romantic, yet still affordable. Also, the hosts seem to want to make your stay pleasant, I would stay there again if I returned to the islands.

Room Tip: Rooms in front have ocean view. Owners keep rowdy visitor out and the town is quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank RoadTripLover333
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I only stayed at Premier Creek for a few nights as I was headed out on a kayak tour. Lenore gave me several room options and I selected the small room with the shared bathroom. When I arrived she said I could still get into a larger room so I asked to see the small room first (it was significantly cheaper). The small room was great!!!! It was plenty big enough and had a sink so all that was missing was shower and toilet. Not a big deal and it never became a problem. Lenore was so nice and helpful. Loved her dog Woody. Sat out on the front porch just reading and watching the water. Was about a 5 minute walk to "town". Very quiet and comfortable. Loved it and would stay again in a minute.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank JRedding53
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I have travelled several times over the past 2 years to Haida Gwaii and always stay at the Premier Creek. Super clean and comfortable, big rooms, close to everything, all the amenities you need including fully stocked kitchens in many of the units, fabulous views and... as stated by others... Lenore is a wonderfully warm and friendly host. Warm muffins and snacks upon arrival even! I would recommend the Premier Creek Lodge to anyone.

Room Tip: Room #1 above the lobby is super nice.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank workerbee420
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This is a fabulous place to stay. You can hear the creek beside your room. The views are spectacular and it is nice and quiet. Would love to come back in the summer. They leave you nice snacks upon arrival and the beds are lovely and comfy. Everything is super clean. Close to town, shops and grocery store. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: I had room number 1 it is large and has windows all the way around. Even from kitchenette. Large roo...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank paulacoburn
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I spent 2 nights here on my first (definitely not my last) trip to Haida Gwaii. The room was well above my expectations. The location and view were amazing. Most of all though Lenore really made the experience wonderful. She is a kind and caring person and you really feel as if you staying in her home with her when you stay here. I will stay here on my next trip here!
Fred

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed November 15, 2012

my room was booked for me for work purposes, and this was my first trip to Haida Gwaii. I arrived early in the morning from the BC ferry ride from Prince Rupert, so it was dark. I recieved a cheerful greeyting from Lenore non the less. As i settled into my room, and the sun started to rise, I found myself slowly waking to bliss. From room 6, the view of the ocean and the calm waters, the abundant seating on the porch, I starte my work day. My room had welcomed me with comfort. Lavender scent began the journey as I entered my spacious room,queen sized bed, high thread count sheets, wonderful clean bathroom, hot hot water, kitchenette, large screen TV, internet etc. The room was also well decorated with antiques infused with modern patterned fabrics, and a nod to the local Aboriginal culture. Everything was here for comfort. I also pondered how nice this room would be if there would have been a guest for the stay! I think that would be for next time I stay here.....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hiellen Longhouse Village
Bear Claw Lodge
Bear Claw Lodge
#1 of 1 in Kispiox

Been to Premier Creek Lodging? Share your experiences!