“Wow! By far the best fishing experience ever!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Haida Gwaii (Queen Charlotte Islands)
The West Coast Fishing Club - The Clubhouse
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Just ask my wife who limited out, catching 4-beautiful chinook salmon. Not only was the fishing first-class but the lodge, the staff, the guides and the gear.....everything was exceptional! From the moment the helicopter touches down you're greeted with warm waves and friendly smiles. By day one, the staff all know your name and make you feel like part of the family.....always asking about your day while offering you another beverage or appetizer. Oh, you will never go hungry at the Clubhouse. The food is to die for. From duck to squid to the best seafood chowder I've ever tasted. They have an incredible menu even if you're not in the mood for seafood. Hey... i haven't even mentioned the infamous candy counter. I felt like a kid visiting Charlie's Chocolate factory.
This lodge has it all...including a coffee boat that will drive out to serve you while you are fishing so you don't have to miss that next bite.
The dock staff are welcoming.. always going above and beyond while the guides have a passion for fishing that is unmatched. They are patient and cater to anglers of all levels... from novice to expert.
The scenery alone is breathtaking. We had porpoises swim adjacent to our boat, we saw humpback whales spouting at Coho Point, numerous eagles diving for their next meal while the sea lions attempted to steal our catch.
At the end of day two my wife had a deep tissue massage at the spa while i sat in the hot tub swapping fish stories with guests from around the world. It doesn't get any better than this! WCFC should be on everyone's bucket list. My wife is hooked and so am I. I can't wait to book my next trip!
Pete Ryznar

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Our visit was truely memorable. If you go anywhere in the world to fish then this is the place. An all-around wonderous lodge with every conceivable amenity. The staff are down to earth and accomodating, there for your every need. The food is delicious. The wine bar extensive and the fishing is simply the best. If I could go every year I would. There is nothing like it! I cannot say enough about WCFC. Thank you for the best trip!
Matthew O

Reviewed June 11, 2013

From the moment I arrived at the WCFC I felt like I was being welcomed into someone's home. The staff is first class, the view and surroundings are breathtaking and the food and accommodations are just the best! I have never experienced better customer service - everything is so well thought out and the staff obviously love what they do. I had not been fishing before and wasn't sure what to expect but our guide was fantastic and made it all very easy. I will absolutely go back to the WCFC and recommend it to anyone who will listen. It is a totally unique and special experience - great for couples, friends, family or corporate outings. A perfect way to experience all the glorious attributes BC has to offer in a first class setting.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I must say, without exaggeration, that every single team member of your staff gave us truly first class service and genuine personal client care. Your operations and coordination were down to perfection, including the facilities, travel, scheduling, communications, dining, etc. It is a feat to deliver such fantastic service and accomodations at an extremely remote destination, but your team delivered consistently with excellence during our entire four day stay.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

From the moment you meet the WCFC people in Vancouver until you arrive at the Lodge you feel a sense of family. The service and food are top notch and unmatched to anywhere I have been on Vacation before! The fishing was beyond my expectations as we were releasing 20+ lb Chinooks every hour or so, the guide we had was Pat and for my money the best in the business. We learnt many things and laughed constantly as his many stories, many Thanks to Pat for taking care of us and assisting us in landing too many fish to count! Many Thanks to Stephanie who is the shining star of the Clubhouse, you will know what I mean when you meet her.
You will not be dissapointed if you have or about to book a trip here, words barely describe the experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JR M
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Just ask my wife who limited out catching 4- beautiful chinook salmon. Not only was the fishing first class but the lodge, the staff, the guides and the gear.....everything was exceptional. From the moment the helicopter touched down we were greeted with warm waves and friendly smiles. By the end of day one, the staff all knew our names and made us feel like family - always asking about our day while offering us another beverage or appetizer.
Oh, you will never go hungry at the Club House. The food is to die for - from duck to squid to the best seafood chowder that I've ever tasted. They have a gourmet menu that caters to everyone - even those not in the mood for seafood. This lodge has it all including a coffee boat that will drive out to serve you so you don't miss that next bite. I should also mention the infamous candy counter... I felt like a kid at Charlie's Chocolate factory.
The dock staff are welcoming - always going above and beyond while the guides have a passion for fishing that is unmatched. They are patient and cater to anglers of all levels from novice to expert.
The scenery alone is breathtaking. We had porpoises swim adjacent to our boat, we watched humpback whales spouting at Coho Point, numerous bald eagles diving for their next meal, while the sea lions attempted to steal our fish.
At the end of day two my wife had a deep tissue massage at the spa while I sat in the hot tub and swapped fish stories with guests from around the world. It doesn't get any better than this! WCFC should be on everyone's bucket list. My wife is hooked and so am I. We can't wait to go again!

Room Tip: Book early and get a room with an ocean view