Queen Charlotte Lodge
Gracie's Place(Queen Charlotte City)
Sea Raven Motel(Queen Charlotte City)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewstop notchfirst classhalibutfishing experiencefishing groundsgreat fishinggreat tripattention to detailnext yearbucket listfew drinksremote areamy entire lifemy friendwork hardhaida gwaiisea lions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Lucky for me this was my second year in a row, I truly believe the trip is unbeatable. Great fishing, unbelievable customer service, the morale of the team working the lodge is beaming from every staff member you are in contact with.

Stayed at the Totem house

Fishing WOW
Food WOW
Service WOW
Nature WOW
Lodging WOW

Cant wait for the next trip

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Scott W
Reviewed June 11, 2013

QCL is like a Kenyan Safari on water. A once in a lifetime experience at a minimum. I have rarelhy seen such a commitment to customer service. I did not feel bad asking for anything, the staff are super friendly and eager to please. Gorgeous scenery, excellent food, incredible care given to little details. I almost felt guilty getting as pampered as I did. We went as a group of 20 and had dedicated staff for our 3 day stay. I can't imagine another place to match this, felt like my first serious fishing excursion was with the best there is

Room Tip: Rooms in Totem Lodge are huge, great views from the upper balcony
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Merlin B
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Outstanding service, food, scenery and fishing.
I have had the pleasure of going here a few times and can not wait to return.
A must see to understand how nice this place is. The scenery alone was worth the trip. When you add in world class fishing, Grade A service it is a no brainer.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Greg C
Reviewed December 18, 2012

For many years now a group of us have spent a week in August on the Driftwood. The execution of travel etc by the lodge is faultless. The food is excellent given that it is cooked in a galley. Everyone is helpful and friendly. Being moored out on the water allows lots of wildlife viewings.

The negatives - old equipment prone to breakage (I take my own reels), equipment missing off boats, shortages of tackle, fish in my catch that was not mine, the lodge losing one of my chinooks completely. This is just last year not a summary of all years. The Driftwood last year was a disaster with the new boat being put into service too soon.

As I titled this, I keep going back. We put up with the failings. If this is a once in a lifetime trip for you take it. The fishing is consistent, scenery and wildlife is terrific, staff are friendly and helpful. Just go with "wilderness experience" in mind and do not expect first class.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Lechatgros
Reviewed November 8, 2012

If you like fishing this is the place to go. I have been to many lodges and nothing comes even close. Staff are second to none!! The whole experience makes you really appreciate nature to the full. Food fabulous as well.

• Stayed: July 2012