“Service was good but food not so much”

Good Thymes Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in The Pas
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Went here for supper with a school group while traveling. The restaurant was clean, and they were able to seat our group of seven quickly. Very expensive for the type of establishment. I had ordered an appy it was okay. My meal was sirloin, I ordered med rare, it was tough, fatty and med well. Some students ordered burgers and fries the said their meals were good. Other people at my table had chicken Parmesan, which was freezer burnt, then redone, and that one was freezer burnt. Another meal was ribs, which were over cooked, the bones were brittle and white, and the meat was freezer burnt as well. I offered my steak to the student with the chicken parm so she had some protein, and as she cut it on her pasta a huge blonde hair came out, which was not ours. All entrees did not get eaten as we were grossed out by then. None of our fountain drinks had the correct syrup in it, when I let the server know this she offered to bring other ones, which tasted the same. I've worked in many restaurants and the drinks were not tasting like they should. The server was very busy, and polite, they did remove the entrees of our bill. The dinner for 7 pops, 2 poutine, 8 wings, a burger and a spinach dip was 94$. Crazy. Bc we were a group of six we were to pay a set tip, which is fine, but it was calculated using the comped wasted food....which was not okay. I'm sure eating burgers and fries are ok here, but clearly this is not a restaurant that cooks a lot of entree type meals. Myself and fellow dinners would not return as the food was too expensive and did not taste good

6  Thank canadianluvssun

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stopped in for dinner and lunch during a business trip to Northern Manitoba. Both meals we stopped in for were excellent, and the servers (Alannah K. and Michelle R.) were very friendly. Both were knowledgable of the menu and attentive. This is far and away the best restaurant in The Pas and the food is as good as many restaurants in larger centres. Highly recommended!

2  Thank nfriesen1
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Recommended by a local Family Services lady I was meeting with. Had to remind myself we were in the north! Great restaurant! Great food, Great service! not what I expected in The Pas at all! Wonderful experience for someone who hadn't experienced this town before! Salads were fantastic! Salmon special rivaled any meal we've had in the Winnipeg/Brandon area!

4  Thank Lynda D
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Here for lunch. Food was very tasty but it was our server that made our experience so enjoyable! According to our check her name is Dawn Z. She was so genuinely welcoming, friendly, and knowledgeable. Made our day!!!!

3  Thank stinger91
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Been here a few times over the years. The head chef is brilliant & has some great dishes. The portions are adequate, but the prices are a bit high for my wallet. My favourite dish all these years has & will always be the cheesy garlic spinach/artichoke dip.

I do appreciate that there is an effort to have the servers dress up with a bit of flare, but I still think mini skirts are ridiculously tacky. I mean, those skirts are really short. Not professional at all!! That's why I have lower scores for service & atmosphere. Otherwise, still a good/safe place to eat.

2  Thank DaisyThePas