“Would make the trip again.”

Phaidon Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pandan
Iloilo City, Philippines
“Would make the trip again.”
Reviewed February 22, 2011

Food was amazing. Staff was great. Beach was incredible... some gently stinging jellyfish. Rooms are clean, Bernie is a great host... staff is amazing. Only complaint, I was on a romantic holiday and there was an adorable child screaming and slamming doors before 6 am and then a little bit clingy so lost a little of its romance... only say it to let Bernie know. What a remarkable find.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bill1280

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Korean first
Canada
Reviewed March 27, 2010

My wife and I spent 6 nights at the Phaidon Beach Resort. It was just awesome. The flowers and the trees were beautiful, with the mountains around us and the sea out front the views were just great. A family owned resort with a fun and friendly staff made our stay excellent. The rooms were cleaned daily and the meals were very good. It was a restful stay. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone going to Panay Island in the Philippines. We will return in the future.
Jim&Carole Newhouse

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed December 6, 2008

I can't believe that I have just gotten around to writing this review. I went with my fiance for one week to get away from stress, and, my god!- it was excellent. So relaxing, so beautiful! We had the gorgeous beach all to ourselves- we met some of the local fishermen and children. You could do as much or as little as you wanted. We went for a river tour and an island tour and also went into town one day. They were both amazing. We were the only 2 tourists on the tours and the food and drinks were just laid on. The food at the restaurant was great.
The drawbacks-
-It was isolated (which is great) but it does make it tough to self-cater
- it's really hard to find sunscreen- so make sure you take some! After the 1st day, my fiancee had 3rd degree burns!
- not the place to go if you want party- but if you don't its perfect
We had the best stay here and I really think that it may have been the best holiday of my life!

• Liked — Spacious- so close to beach, food, drink....!
  • Disliked — A little bare for the big room (Pandan Bay villa)
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank D_L03
England
Reviewed March 18, 2008

Having stayed here for three days of my honeymoon myself and my new wife were determined to return as we had a great time. We returned a year later and spent 10 days on this lovely beach resort. We took one day out to visit Boracay, about one hour's journey away (crowded, noisy and constantly pestered to buy things) but quickly returned to Phaidon as it was much more to our taste. It is definitely a quiet getaway ideal for a romantic break. Not that we have any but I'm sure it would be very child friendly too. Bernie and Maricris who own and run this resort were wonderful hosts. We went on a couple of his day trips including a great day out snorkelling. Watch out for sunburn!! I have now had six holidays in the Philippines (I am married to a Filipina) and have stayed on numerous resorts and Phaidon was my favourite. I have also stayed on numerous islands in the Philippines and Panay is my favourite so far. Bernie has trained up two chefs very well and the food there is amongst the finest I've had in the Philippines. It has a beautiful beach which is safe for swimming (at the right time of day) and has none of the annoyingly noisy powerboats and jetskis found at Borocay. We stayed in the honeymoon suite and it was very comfortable and well appointed with its own tiny private courtyard garden. They also go to great lengths to make sure there are no pools of stagnant water anywhere nearby and as such there were virtually no mosquitos. Overall I am happy to highly recommend Phaidon beach resort. They have numerous photographs of the resort on their website. just google for Phaidon Beach Resort.

• Liked — The scenery, food and definately the hosts
  • Disliked — matress a bit thin
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank rupert2
Germany
Reviewed August 31, 2007

I stayed several times in this place and i always loved to go back there. Visitors find an amazingly beautiful white sand beach with crystal clear blue water. Most of the time the water is very calm and i really enjoyed swimming there. The beach is just in front of the resort and depending on the room you choose you can even have a terrace with sea view. In the nearby mountains you can find one of the last remaining virgin rainforests and the resort offers tours to waterfalls, springs, rivers and small offshore islands where time seems to stand still. The resort contains also a nice restaurant with excellent food, especially the seafood is always fresh provided by the local fishermen. Also the restaurants terrace has sea view and combines a romantic athmosphere with excellent service. The rooms are clean and all airconditioned with a big bathroom. They are quite big and there is a small inside garden in every room. There are also cottages available. For my opinion it is a very beautiful place to relax and i enjoyed every stay. So long, check it out for yourself and have fun.

• Stayed May 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank D_diver27
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pandan
Roz And Angelique's Inn & Suites
Le Palme Beach Resort
Le Palme Beach Resort
#3 of 6 in Pandan
Precia-Villavert Beach Resort & Bar
Precia-Villavert Beach Resort & ...
#2 of 7 in San Jose de Buenavista

Been to Phaidon Beach Resort? Share your experiences!