“Love getting up close to all the wonders in the sea”

Pender Island Kayak Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience PIKA by any human-powered means of transportation via kayak, SUP, canoe, bicycle and electric assist bicycle as well as Disc Golf Retail. We offer tours, rentals and Paddle Canada Skills Courses. We do not supply gas powered vessels of any sort. Come play in our world class playground!
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Excellent staff, great equipment, easy paddle and superb weather, the location makes all the difference, did not have to worry about big waves or other boating traffic...

All reviews
"wonderful experience"
"marine park"
"awesome guide"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"sea cucumbers"
"laid back"
"bull kelp"
"sea lions"
"year old son"
"felt very safe"

Reviewed February 12, 2014

What a beautiful evening - the weather helped. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable about the area, wildlife and conditions. She took the time to show us some amazing creatures along the shore line. Kayaking on the ocean was new for us, but the instructions were more than enough to give us a safe and enjoyable evening.

1  Thank PrairieRoadSideCafe
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We had not kayaked before, but were given easy to follow instructions on land before stepping into the kayaks then had excellent guidance during our trip. It all felt very comfortable and we were able to enjoy the scenery around us including a wonderful commentary of the wildlife, water life, island history and more. The guides make it work for all level of kayakers.

1  Thank 6,648,805
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I phoned the number found on the website looking to ask about lessons, tours and rental options. I got the answering machine which gave me another phone number to call under the name of "Colin." Colin answered and showed no interest in renting me a kayak. He questioned my experience kayaking and proceeded to quiz me on my knowledge without even attempting to interest me in a tour etc... He said that the hotel on the island had kayaks and maybe try there.

I have never called a tour company in my life and been met with such unprofessionalism,

It makes me question how seriously they take safety, equipment maintenance and customer service.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS COMPANY.

3  Thank ironcheerio
PenderKayaks, Owner at Pender Island Kayak Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

I'm terribly sorry you had a bad experience with contacting us and talking to our guide Colin. I was away at a kayak convention which made me not available. As per the experience speaking with Colin, my apologies. I do hope he did discuss our rental policy, which is one of every 4 persons in a group must know how to perform sea kayak self and assisted rescues. The other option is a tour or lessons.

Please contact us when you are visiting next and we will set you up for a free rental if you meet the criteria, and if not, I will personally take you on a tour or give you the proper lessons to enable you gain the confidence to rent sea kayaks virtually anywhere in the world! (free of charge of course).

Again, my sincerest apologies. We hope you give us the chance to serve you better in your paddling experience in the Salish Sea.