I stayed in a two-bedroom cottage with my Dad for a few nights. The views from the cottage were lovely, although it appeared that you really can't go wrong with any of the main lodge rooms, cabins or villas as they all face the harbour's beautiful view. I am including a picture of the resort map (given to us at check-in) as I would have found this information useful when I was originally making the booking at Poets Cove. The resort has done a particularly terrific job of keeping the very noisy children's pool away from the rooms/cabins/villas (it is located beside the Moorings Market) while having a second, quiet adults-only pool area (with a hot tub and fitness centre) near to the cabins and villas. The entire resort is well maintained, beautiful, quiet and peaceful.
We were impressed with the cleanliness, finishings and size of the cabin. We had two large bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, dining area and living area - and a wonderful patio to sip evening drinks on.
We dined at the restaurant for both dinner and breakfast; the patio was a terrific place to dine with gorgeous views over the harbour, the food was good and the staff were friendly and helpful. Indeed, we found all of the resort staff to be friendly and helpful - from the check-in staff to any staff that we passed on the resort grounds (we were always greeted with a cheerful "good morning!" or "good afternoon!"). Even the resort's contracted gardening staff were happy to chat with us. The resort's resident deers weren't so chatty (I joke) but they did pop by for a visit each evening, which was lovely.
We didn't make use of any of the resort's amenities or planned activities, but we found it a great place from which to explore both north and south Pender Island. One of the restaurant staff went out of his way to indicate points of particular interest on a map of the Island and we explored every corner. Both Poet's Cove and Pender Island are beautiful places to spend a few days - save some energy for the hike up to the top of Mount Norman as the breath-taking views will make the seemingly endless slog more than worthwhile.
We thoroughly enjoyed our two days and nights at Poets Cove and I whole-heartedly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Poets Cove Resort & Spa is the Gulf Islands' premier luxury resort. Tucked away in Bedwell Harbour on Pender Island, there is a luxurious combination of 22 Lodge Rooms, 9 Villas and 15 Cottages. We offer a full-service 110-slip deep-moorage marina and a Canadian point of entry customs office for CanPass users. Our stunning Aurora Restaurant and casual Syrens Lounge serves the best local fresh ingredients and our activities range from exciting kayaking adventures to rejuvenating spa treatments in our award winning 'Susurrus' Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Poets Cove Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Poets Cove Hotel Pender Island
- Poets Cove Resort And Spa
- Poets Cove Pender Island