“Spectacular Views & Great Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of April Point Resort

April Point Resort
Cuisines: Canadian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Vancouver, Canada
“Spectacular Views & Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

We went here for drinks and appys and had a fabulous experience. First of all if you are not already on Quadra Island, it is fast and easy to get here from Campbell River. Drive north out of campbell R. for a couple minutes until you see the signs for Painters Lodge. Go there and park, then walk down to their docks for a free shuttle boat to April Point. ( the same company owns both) The shuttle runs every 30 min. or so, depending on demand and water conditions. It a 5-10 min ride across.We enjoyed our drinks out on their deck watching sea lions,eagles, orcas, and of course, a glorious sunset. Our servers' wine suggestions were right on and perfectly complimented the appies we ordered ( local Quadra Is. mussels)

• 5 of 5 bubbles
OakBayMarineGroup, General Manager at April Point Resort, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
I’m happy to hear you had a great time at April Point Resort & Spa. Yes, the free water taxi from Painter’s Lodge makes it super easy to get here. Plus, you get a scenic boat ride along the way. I’m so glad everything was to your liking. You even got to see some wildlife during your meal. That’s great! Thank you for the review and make sure to come visit us again soon!

Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada
“Wonderful views and good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

Starting off at Painter's Lodge we took the little boat over to April Point - staff was friendly and fun. We had an excellent seat by the window so got to see the gorgeous sunset. The restaurant staff was attentive and helpful. Our meal was wonderful - prices are not out of this world. Wine suggestion was good.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I’m so glad you enjoyed your meal at April Point Resort & Spa. The sunsets witnessed at the Resort are truly remarkable and made all the more special when experienced over a delicious meal. Thank you so much for the review and I hope to see you back at the Resort soon.

Vancouver Island, Canada
“Dinner”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

My husband took me for dinner there in honor of my birthday. The menu is very limited. I found the place on the shabby side. Our first time back there in 12 years when we had a pleasant and tasty brunch there. Dinner was very pricey and my husband did not eat his after taking a few bites. We were asked about desert and when we said we didn't want any the bill was deposited on our table without any further ado. Even though we still had coffee in front of us. We would expect this in a busy coffee shop but not in a pricey restaurant like this. Very disappointed and will not be back for any special occasion there. There are many other good restaurants and pubs in Campbell River. This place is supposed to be a landmark and has history in the area but they sure need a tune-up! Aside from the food, the experience to go over there and views are fantastic, but that is not due to the work of the Oak Bay group. Shame on you, you are running this fantastic place into the ground!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
OakBayMarineGroup, General Manager at April Point Resort, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
I’m so sorry your meal at April Point did not meet your expectations, or mine. I take the quality of our food very seriously, so I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience. I will continue to monitor all the food that leaves our kitchen to ensure that it meets my high standards. As for our prices, I think you’ll find that we are very competitive with similar restaurants.

We have a number of ideas about how we can continue to improve April Point. We perform renovations every offseason and will be considering a number of options this year. I assure you we have every intention of making sure that April Point remains a stunning resort befitting its beautiful location.

“Breakfast great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

Dinner is pricey and the menu is limited. The food is excellent. The breakfast is reasonably priced and well done. The service is slow but everywhere we ate had slow service

Visited August 2014
I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your meals at April Point. We are working extremely hard to ensure every dish we serve is of a very high quality, so I appreciate your comments. I do apologize for the service you received. I have talked to my staff and make sure that moving all of our guests our served in a timely manner. Thank you for your review and I look forward to your next visit.

Sincerely
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lunch was a disappointment.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

We had read some bad food reviews, but 8 of us finally tried it for lunch one day - it was as poor as we had been warned. Not just me, but all 7 guys I was with had sub par meals (and we weren't expecting much). April Point is a super fun resort to be at if you are fishing, but it is surprising they don't take more care in making the food as enjoyable as the rest of the experience.

Visited August 2014
I’m disappointed to hear about your meal at April Point. I assure you that the quality of our food is a very high priority for me. We went as far as completely renovating our kitchen before the start of the season and coming out with a new menu to make sure the quality of our food continued to improve. I appreciate your feedback and will continue to keep an eye on the food being served in our restaurant to ensure it meets my high standards.