“I'll pass...”
Review of April Point Resort

April Point Resort
Reserve with OpenTable
April Point Resort is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2014

On my trip I went there on 2 separate occasions. The first time we had sushi. The wait for it was lengthy and ended up with the wrong order. No offer to have it removed from the bill. The server told us we should have told him but he was no where in sight for long periods of time and we were hungry. Second time we went over we had lunch. A couple of us got burgers and my daughter got chicken tenders, pretty simple stuff. Both my burger and my husband's was dry and covered in charcoal layer. His bun literally just had mayo on it. The fries were hard and crunchy too. My burger was not what was described on the menu either. Daughter didn't even finish hers, which is a rarity with a teenager and she said the chicken tenders were too hard and dry to finish. Again we didn't say anything because it took so damn long that we just inhaled it. The prices were standard but I was disappointed overall in the fact that what a spectacular opportunity to do something fantastic in that location yet the food is less than what I'd expect for that place. You have people come through there from all over the world, you may want to up your game.

1  Thank Naomi W
OakBayMarineGroup, General Manager at April Point Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

I’m sorry to hear about your experience at our restaurant. I assure you that the service and quality of food you received during your visit is not the norm at our establishment. Our goal is to deliver a dining experience that equals the immense beauty that surrounds our restaurant. I’m sorry your meal did not live up to those standards and I hope you will give us another chance.

There are newer reviews for April Point Resort

Reviewed August 12, 2014

There was a reasonable choice on the menu and the food was well prepared and presented. The service cheerful and prompt

OakBayMarineGroup, General Manager at April Point Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

I’m so glad you enjoyed your meal in our Dining Room. The staff and I have worked incredibly hard this year to continue to improve both the food and service in the restaurant, so I appreciate your kind words. Come back soon!

Reviewed August 9, 2014

We Took The free Ferry from Painters Lodge to April Point for lunch .I had Fish & Chips, the portions were so large that I ate the fish first & had very little room left for the delicious French fries. My Husband had the Club House & he said it was very tasty & so large that he had trouble finishing it. We would go there again.

OakBayMarineGroup, General Manager at April Point Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

I’m so happy you enjoyed your lunch at April Point. It’s one of my favourite spots to eat, both for the food and the amazing view. We’ve put a lot of work into the restaurant this year, including completely renovating our kitchen, so I’m glad everything was too your liking. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our restaurant and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

The April Point dining room is one of the long-time best locations in Desolation Sound area - with great views of the marine action in Discovery Passage. True, the sun can beat into the room at dinner time, so consider the timing of a meal and consider the deck outdoors as an alternative. The staff is always friendly and open. Unfortunately, the menu is too limited and not of the highest quality. There are management changes underway at the parent company, and if the salmon fishing does recover in Campbell River maybe an increasing number of fishers will encourage an upgrade. For now, consider the dining at partner property Painter's Lodge to be superior.

1  Thank Nicholas K
OakBayMarineGroup, General Manager at April Point Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

I appreciate the kind words about our location, however, I’m disappointed that our menu did not meet your expectations. We have a new menu this year that has been met with a positive response from our guests. That being said, we continue to re-evaluate our dishes and strive to deliver an exceptional culinary experience.

Restaurant upgrades are already under way, including a complete renovation of our kitchen over the winter.

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Priced high, and food was just terrible. Had breakfast buffet both mornings and the food was dry, croissants were old and looks like they were taken out of the freezer as they had an odd colour, and then served. They need to make major changes in the kitchen.

OakBayMarineGroup, General Manager at April Point Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Thank you for your feedback on our restaurant. I have spoken to my chef about your comments and I am confident these issues have been resolved. We are continually looking for ways to improve our dining experience and will use this review to do just that. Thanks again for your review.