The rooms were clean. Nothing is complementary except the water taxi. Not a service oriented environment so be prepared to wait and don't expect warmth and smiles from staff. I think there must be a morale problem because only 1 employee went out of her way to be warm and friendly. All others were polite, but nothing more. The food was good, not exceptional, $20 - $25 /plate. If you want to see Quadra Island, don't go there without a car because you will be trapped at the lodge. My husband has a back injury, so couldn't do any of the boat activities. When booking our rooms, I mentioned that we wanted to rent scooters and would double with our kids. When we got to the lodge, we were told we couldn't double. Our son 18 yrs old could not rent or ride a scooter because "the rule is you have to be 19". Many "rules" at this hotel. We rented 4 bikes, 2 of the 4 needed repair and there were no less than 8 pages of forms with signatures and initials to sign (no kidding!) That's the rule. One of the girls at the front desk was blatantly rude and unhelpful. A friend gave us a $25 coupon to use which the front desk accepted when we went to rent the bikes. When I asked why we didn't get credit for it, she said we hadn't given it to her. Then we were told that there was only one coupon per room. When we tried to explain that there was nothing on the coupon that stipulated "only one coupon per room and not transferable", the girl just spoke loudly over top of my husband and me. Another rule. We never saw the coupon again. In the end and to salvage some of the trip, I took the water taxi back to Painters Lodge and brought the car back so we could at least see some of the island. I can't speak for the fishing experience but I did see people coming in with fish. People smoke everywhere and there are ashtrays all over the place. When we told the assistant manager that we would not be coming back again, she brushed us off. I guess they get so much business they don't needs ours. It cost over $1000 to stay for a 2 night stay, food and bike rental. I can think of better ways to spend that kind of money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront getaways, perfect for romantic weekends, family vacations, girlfriend getaways and more. Packages and specials available. Located on Quadra Island, a short ride from Campbell River on Vancouver Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your April Point Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- April Point Resort And Spa
- April Point Hotel Quathiaski Cove
- April Point Resort & Spa Quadra Island, Canada - Quathiaski Cove