April Point Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Painter's Lodge(Campbell River)
View Hotel
Whiskey Point Resort(Quathiaski Cove)
View Hotel
Town Centre Inn(Campbell River)
View Hotel
The Harbourside Inn(Campbell River)
View Hotel
Heritage River Inn(Campbell River)
View Hotel
Coast Discovery Inn(Campbell River)
View Hotel
Taku Resort and Marina(Quadra Island)
View Hotel
Passage View Motel(Campbell River)
View Hotel
All reviewspainters lodgewater taxifishcampbell riverdining roomquadra islandpotatoesget awaydiscovery passageelectric bikesbeautiful locationamazing viewsocean viewsea lionswonderful placeworld classboat ride
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This resort is located in a gorgeous setting on Quadra Island. You'll take a water taxi to the lodge which is free. Check in was quick and smooth. My room was average. Plenty of space, great view of the cove from the balcony. The balcony is great but unfortunately you share it with every other room on your level in your building. A small dividing wall would make it feel as if you had a little more privacy. The television was small and very outdated, though you're probably not here to watch tv but enjoy the outdoors. The restaurant had a nice buffet breakfast but dinner left a little to be desired. I had the wild mushroom risotto which was tasteless, no seasoning. There are ample opportunities for activities to do based out of this lodge. Did not get the chance to use the spa.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

The room was musty smelling and very dated. Some of the lights didn't work
However the restaurant was nice and the food very good there is lots to do and see in the area so if you don't mind the room it's a good point to explore from

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 21, 2012

It has been 4-5 years since we last visited April Point and we noticed quite an improvement in the service from the staff in all areas. It is quite obvious they have been receiving training. We booked a standard room (July 17, 2012) but were upgraded to room #21, a cabin (1/2 duplex) with beautiful ocean views and of the sunset. Very much appreciated! The bathroom was nicely renovated, the shower head was great and lots of hot water! Bed was very comfortable. Our stay included 2 hrs of kayak rental which was absolutely fantastic. The day was sunny and once we took the short paddle to the other bay we were out of the wind it was very relaxing. Unfortunately because of the wind we were not able to enjoy the outside patio.

I rated this resort as very good and would have given it an excellent rating except for the following:
1. when we got off the shuttle boat I had to drag our large suitcase and a few other small cases along the dock even though the young girl who tied up the boat was still there. Our wheels on the suitcase would get squeezed in between the wood on the dock making our walk very annoying. Once we checked in we were told the gravel path would make it inconvenient for me to take my luggage myself and they would bring it to my room. Well the walk on the gravel was very short and I could have taken the luggage myself very easily, however the same young girl drove up in a golf cart a few minutes later with our luggage. I was reluctant to tip (but I did) as she had made no effort to help out when on the dock.
2. I was not overly impressed with the limited menus. Painters Lodge has a better pub menu.
I had the clubhouse with fries which was good and my wife had the Cuban with the butter nut squash soup. We both thought the soup was very "watery' with no substance as well as being luke warm. We didn't mention the lack of "heat" as my wife didn't want to eat it anyway.
The dinner menu is more "formal" which I think is a mistake. Most people were in shorts and t-shirts (including ourselves) and want something less formal. Our dinner & service was good (not excellent). The view made up for any short comings. We were lucky to be there on Tuesday when they have live music. The duo was very good but maybe someone should mention to the vocalist to "face" the guests and not just look at the pianist. We looked at her back the whole time! Oh yes, the young girl who seated us was very bubbly and friendly and should be complemented.
Breakfast the next morning was less enjoyable because of the sour faced young waitress. Wished we had either of the other two waitresses we saw as they had smiles and seemed to enjoy their jobs.
The only glitch in the breakfast was the "warm" smoothie my wife ordered. Didn't anyone tell them that smoothies are usually made with ice and blended? We had to ask for ice to put in the glass. No banana in the smoothie either.

OVERALL I think our stay was great and we will certainly return because most of the staff were very friendly and seemed to care. I think with a more casual pub style menu April Point could attract some locals to the restaurant as it was not busy when we were there. Maybe take a hint from Tigh Na Mara in Parksville where the Copper Lounge has 1/2 price appy's on two nights. They are packed those nights making it a fun place to be.

Room Tip: Can't compare our room (#21) to anything else but is was great. Had been renovated and the view was awesome. Very rustic, so don't expect the Hilton.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
MichaelOHara, General Manager at April Point Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Dear SherwoodParkTucker,

It sounds like you had a great stay with us and I really appreciate you taking the time to share details about your stay. We'll certainly consider your suggestions around our dining experiences.

We'd love to see you again sometime!

All the best,
Michael O'Hara

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I’m in my late 20s and took my bf there for his 40th bday as a surprise. We both fell in love with this resort. It was relaxing, beautiful and serene. It really felt like we “got away from the city”. We rented bikes kayaks, and went for a hike and hung out at the Farmer’s Market and Rebecca’s Spit (beach). We were really impressed with the quality of the food. The price of the food was above average, but affordable considering we were at a resort. It was about $24/entree. We had a good deal on our room - $129/night for a room with two queens + fridge (no sofa). This price included a $15 voucher for breakfast off their menu and 2 free 2 hour kayak or bike rentals. Our room was rustic, but still very clean, and we had a beautiful ocean view.
The service was good. The staff was friendly, attentive, and very hospitable. I would recommend coming back to April Point. I absolutely love Quadra Island and this resort really helped!

Room Tip: April Point has a lot of options. If you're on a budget, call and ask what options are available. They even have secluded cabins that have 3-4 bedrooms if you have a large party to accommodate.

Dear Belle24,

Thanks for sharing your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to explore our beautiful island. Hope to see you again soon!

All the best,

Michael O'Hara

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We loved our room. a beautiful little cottage facing the water. nice sitting areas outside. the food in the restaurant was pretty good.
Most of the staff was very friendly and good. but we did have issues. there were loose links in the chain that made our stay less enjoyable.
apon arrival we were informed that our activity plans were changed. we were told, not asked, that they were already rearranged. when we told them that that would not work we were given the choice to take the activity they rescheduled us in, or we could come back another time. we felt we had no choice but to take the rescheduled activity. the next day, we realized that we really could not take the rescheduled activity later in the day, and told them we wanted to take it at a future date. we were then guilted about changing plans, and told that we were lucky they would still take only four people out, because if our not going jepodized the other people's trip then we would loose our credit for the trip. very unprofessional handling or a situation.

Room Tip: cottages over the green.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
MichaelOHara, Executive Vice President and Chief Operations Officer at April Point Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear Carnivorissa,

Thanks for your feedback about your experience at April Point Resort & Spa. I’m very sorry that your excursion was rescheduled. I have spoken with a number of April Point managers, including the person you were dealing with while at the resort, about the change that was made. Unfortunately we were under the impression that you had consented to the time change. Our mistake. Ironically, it would have been just as easy to move other guests to the time you had originally scheduled. We had hoped the offer to dog-sit for your small dog while you were out on the excursion would free you up at the alternate time. It’s not an uncommon for us to offer this service for people, but of course we absolutely respect your preference to not have a stranger look after your pet.

We do pride ourselves on our “Yes I Can” service, so it’s a little disappointing to hear that your impression of our service is so poor. My offer to get you up on a future date to enjoy your excursion still stands. I would enjoy the opportunity to speak directly with you in the future. If you like you can contact me at our offices in Victoria (1-800-663-7090.)

Lanny Sawchuk