“It is worth the stop for sure... beautiful view, good food and great service”
Review of Malahat Mountain Inn - CLOSED

Malahat Mountain Inn
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Victoria, Canada
“It is worth the stop for sure... beautiful view, good food and great service”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Today my husband and I went to the Malahat Chalet which is under new owners. It was busy so that is a good start. If the parking lot is busy food is good. In we went and the view was stunning, we sat on the deck, nice tables and chairs , very clean and not feeling cramped at all. We were going to have the 2 pc Halibut and chips but when we saw an order come out we quickly changed our mind. We ordered the single Halibut and chips and it was a large portion with home made Tartar sauce and a wonderful coleslaw. The menu is not huge but sure that everyone could find something they like. Give this location a try as I am sure you won't be disappointed. Good Luck to the owners and thanks for giving us this Location to go for meals.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Karen P

Langford, Canada
“Wonderful Place”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Spectacular views, wonderful food, great service - I would recommend this place to anyone.

I called ahead to inquire about the place as I had heard it was re-opened (had never ate there before but have driven by many times). As it was Canada Day we wanted a more quiet place but on the water to take out of town relatives to as well as our elderly mother.

This place fit the bill perfectly, they accommodated us by putting us in corner table on the patio away from hustle and bustle that can happen in a restaurant.

We had great service and the food was more than good; even had a chance to have a chat with Randy (the owner).

• Visited July 2014
“New owners are really nice.”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I met the owners after an unfortunate incident...I was driving home and hit a deer which just appeared in my headlights. Being shocked from this incident, I stopped at the first opportunity which was the Chalet, new name, and the new owners helped me calm down and made sure I got home safely by driving me home themselves. Since they have an aboriginal cook among their kitchen cadre, when I next stop by it will be to have a 'Bannock Bennie', that is Eggs Benedict on a piece of authentic bannock bread.
The deck has a fabulous view, one worth savouring, pardon the pun.

Victoria, Canada
“Malahat Chalet Restaurant a lovely stop along the scenic Malahat Drive”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Stopped mid week on a sunny day for breakfast on the deck with an amazing view. Tried the "BAT" Benedict which was eggs, bacon, avocado on bannock, and that was excellent, and my partner had the lumberjack breakfast which was huge, and well presented with a large chunk of ham and really excellent homemade sausage patties. Service was prompt, friendly, and coffee refills were plentiful. Besides the amazing view, we got to watch hummingbirds feeding next to us, while we dined. We were glad to see the restaurant open again at this strategic view point on the Malahat, and when we drove back later around lunchtime, the parking lot was busy.

Canada
“A lovely evening on the deck!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Our group enjoyed the beautiful view and an excellent dinner. The meals were delicious and beautifully presented. The service was attentive and professional. Take a designated driver and enjoy the delicious sangria too!