“I wish it was'nt so”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Victoria, Canada
“I wish it was'nt so”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

They remodeled the place last year . Moved a deli bar in the middle of the room completely ruining the ambience of the historic building.
I have dined here numourous times as it is the closest place from my home .
It use to be very good to excellent food for fairly steep prices . However it was very busy for years and we use to drop in around once a month .
Now the prices are still steep and the food has dropped many notches . It does not appear to get busy like they use to .
I doubt I will ever be tempted back until someone else takes it over and puts it straight .
It now has no identity , is this a restaurant or a take out deli?
I like the owner and staff but they should be in the city , what we want out here is a truck stop with moderate prices and large portions.
The view is great for tourists but I live here so it is not worth their prices for the third rate food .

• Visited October 2012

Duncan
“View, View, View”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This great little property has views to die for. Sit in the big soaker tub and relax while staring out at the ocean. Beds were very comfy and the little kitchenette was handy for snacks and drinks. Spend the money and stay here, its a very special treat!

Victoria, Canada
“Doug”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Very rude and hostile server. She seemed to be at "management level". My wife even said to her "you make me feel unwelcome". I have never been treated so badly. We complained to the "boss".The location is great with a view from the outside deck overlooking the sea.

1 Thank Doug C
Shawnigan Lake, Canada
“Upscale Dining in a Quaint Log Building.”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed our meal here with the view of Finlayson Arm. I would suggest if you take in the Salmon Run at Goldstream Park, after you are finished with the walk, get in your car and just up the hill from there you can stop in and enjoy a great meal overlooking where you were. I realize there are better food establishments out there but this is such a quick trip from Victoria after visiting the park and a quiet place to sit back and relax. The food is good.

Visited March 2012
tripletoes
“Amazing west coast food!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Best food we have had in a long time - kale beet salad, lamb, salmon - all amazing. Can't wait to eat here again.

Visited October 2012