Prancing Horse Retreat
Villa Eyrie Resort(Malahat)(Great Value!)
$147
$57
$96
$89
Hotels.com
Cherry Tree Inn(Saanich)(Great Value!)
$78
$54
$116
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Where do I begin? Elaine is super amazing. We came to spend one night at the prancing horse and our experience was so amazing we did not want to leave, ever! The view is spectacular, Elaine has such a huge heart and is super helpful. She will give you anything you need or ask of her. She is also very hands off so if you do not ask her or go looking for her she will not come and ask you questions. I love that she didn’t bother us she left us alone and told her if we needed her we could go to the third floor and shout her name

She made reservations for dinner for us which we ended up canceling because the restaurant was a bit far but it was very generous of her to make a reservation. She also helped my now fiancé with planning an surprise engagement for me. She helped him by getting the champagne which was so delicious and she didn’t charge us extra for it just the fee for the actual champagne. She set up the cooler for the champagne and offered to get us flowers for the bathtub. Just so helpful. She also makes amazing breakfast, she hand made from scratch sour cream and blueberry pancakes, croissants, we had fruit, orange juice and scrambled eggs. She is so thoughtful and told us to take our time checking out as she had to take off early the next morning with her husband. I have nothing bad to say about her, she is very hands off and there for you if you need anything. If you want that type of hospitality than stay at prancing house. Suite #4 is awesome its huge and overlooks the mountains and the lake there, so peaceful and relaxing!!

Bring lots of snacks and things because everything is a drive away, at least 10 minutes. I got engaged at Prancing Horse so I will always remember how perfect it was, although it was already super perfect before my engagement there.

Room Tip: Suite 4 rocks....
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tina v
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I really appreciate the owner going out of her way to accommodate my vegan diet. I had a wonderful hot breakfast (scrambled tofu) that she made especially for me.

The views from this retreat is absolutely stunning. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Charles T
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We have stayed at the Prancing Horse 8 out of the last 9 years; and, on our honeymoon in 2003. Elaine & staff go overboard with the decor, food, personal service. The food is unbelievable. We travel to British Columbia every year, put our rental car on the B.C. Ferries and go island hopping. We have stayed at almost every "quality" B & B up there(and a few that charged enormous prices, but were really "Plain Janes") and The Prancing Horse is far ahead of everyone else!! One year we checked in for 2 nights and ended up staying a full week-and then went bungee jumping on North Vancouver Island before catching the ferry back to Vancouver. We are returning to The Prancing Horse Inn next month for our anniversary (October 8). 2009 is the only year we missed because we went to Banff instead.

Room Tip: They are all great!! The beds are great for sleeping and extensive love-making!! One day/night we never even got out of bed except for wine & snacks. The private patios are fun too (for all kinds of frolicking).
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hunter003
Reviewed July 4, 2011

..and so on! Prancing Horse simply blew us away, from the moment we drove up the drive! The pictures on the website are exactly what greets you- you don't have to go searching for a spot to "get a good view". The rooms and home are truly warm, comfortable and oh so inviting. Not to mention Laura Lee and Wendy! Anything we needed was provided (and then some!) and we certainly didn't leave the breakfast table hungry or wanting more! Breakfasts were delicious and conversations were delightful! This place seemed like something from a storybook; gorgeous colours all over the grounds, unbelievable views and quaintness in every corner! A beautiful location, comfortable accommodations and genuine kindness from everybody made our stay at Prancing Horse one we will never, ever forget! When back in the area, there is no doubt...we will stay again! (Oh and of course, Annie! She was the first one to greet us and made us feel welcome immediately! Miss her already!)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank loveoflifegal
Reviewed May 27, 2011

This was one of the best B&B experiences I've ever had! My husband and I stayed here recently as part of our honeymoon trip to British Columbia, and wished we could have stayed longer. The view was absolutely amazing! I am an extremely light sleeper, but could not understand the complaints about the noise from the road. We could not hear it at all from our room, and I slept better in their comfy bed than I had in a while. Personally, I loved that the inn was easily accessible to the main highway and only about 20 minutes from Victoria, yet seemed so isolated. We paid $180/ night for the honeymoon suite, which I thought was more than reasonable. A lot of B&B establishments I've visited have been quaint but not updated or luxurious; Prancing Horse was the perfect combination all these factors. Breakfast was brought out to us on the patio each morning: omelets, stuffed croissants, etc. Highly recommended; we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple