“It doesn't even get a rating of one”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Margaree Harbour
Whale Cove Summer Village
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I don't write reviews, but i have to warn people away from this place! They should pay you to stay here! The owners obviously don't care at all about their property. Porch had no screen in one window so it was over run with bugs. The green carpet was filthy, and littered with black cricket carcasses after we left. Didn't want to sit on the couch. Spent the first night listening to bugs crawl on the bedroom wall and then fall. The bathtub liner was ripped. The laundromat had water all over the floor and towels left on the floor to try to sop up the water. I did a load of wash and then found out that none of the dryers worked. Had to hang my clothes all over that terrible little cabin. Paid way too much money for this place. We did however enjoy the beach and the sunsets, but I'm sure you can find better accommodations to do those things. Stay away!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Marion1526392

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have to say "rustic" is not a word I would use for this place.
First of all it is near impossible to find as there are no signs.
We arrived after a long drive to find a note saying what cabin we were in. There was only 1 other person checked in....on Canada Day long weekend!
The rain and wind blew hard all night and the cabin doors banged all night.
The cabins are beyond dated. The smell bad and are dirty!
Day 2: no one came to freshen towels or to even say hi. I mean really....we are now the ONLY people there.
As the afternoon went on 4 more cabins checked in. Two families with children that slammed doors and literally screamed for 8 straight hours. At 5 pm the office closed and not one person came to check on people or noise.
Day 3: we left at 6am tired and frustrated.

Horse flys are bad and they cant be bothered to fix doors and screens.

Beach is nice however the swing set was broken with rusted chains. Very dangerous!

This place should be condemed...really.

I felt like I was at Bates Motel!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Deanna B
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I come here every summer! My children just love the beach, and theres a beautiful sunset.The cabins need an upgrade but over all its okay. You should REALLY pay the place a visit sometime, it's really worth it.

Room Tip: Get a room very close to the beach.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This property must rely on visitors as we can't imagine anyone aware of the condition of this facility staying here. The one-bedroom cabin we stayed in was tidy and clean. However, we didn't want to even sit on the sofa or walk on the carpet which seemed to be from the 70's or 80's era. The kitchen table and chairs had to be moved in order to make room for the pull out sofa bed. There were no tables for drinks next to the sofa. The bedroom was small and cramped with a bedside table to one side only. At night with the door closed (to have some privacy as someone slept in the outer room on the pull-out bed), the bedroom became a sauna with no fan in the room and only a very tiny window. Although there was a TV in the cabin, there was no TV reception in our cottage or in the cottage of anyone else we spoke with. We did want to catch some of the Olympic coverage, but that was not possible. The bathroom was very tiny. There was no water pressure in the shower and no hair dryer. There was one hair dryer available, however, at the Office, if you were lucky enough to get it. The kitchen ware was sparse. The coffee maker was one of those extra small ones yet no filters were available. Although not an issue for us, there was no Internet access in the cabins and cell service (not the fault of the management) was hit or miss. Pluses....very nice staff, a larger cottage with BBQs that can be rented for gatherings, all cabins have a spectacular view, and a wonderful, sandy beach across the street. This property, with a significant upgrade would be a fantastic spot with the view and beach. In future, we will plan to stay elsewhere (we love the Pilot Whale Chalets & Suites as well as the Cabot Trail Sea & Golf Chalets in Cheticamp --- about 30 minutes away) and make a day-trip with picnic to the beach in Whale Cove.
Hope this helps.

Room Tip: This facility wasn't our cup of tea, but if you're looking for a reasonably-priced cabin and...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank CaperJR
Reviewed August 28, 2011

The 1970's (maybe even the 60') called and they want their furnishings back! These owners need to put some money into their cottages!

Living area:
Green, faded, stained carpeting. Extremely old plaid couch. Old 13" TV w/ poor picture and minimal stations. No a/c. Poor lighting.

Bathroom:
No plug for my hairdryer. Nowhere to put any toiletries.

Bedroom:
Double bed. I don't know two adults that can comfortably sleep in a double bed. I ended up asking for a clean sheet to cover the couch and sleeping there, while my husband slept in the bed.

Laundry Room:
Floor was filthy. Washer made my clothes smell musty. There were only two dryers and I paid for two cycles in each to try to get my one load of clothes dry and they still weren't dry!

Website advertises "rustic yet immaculate". I can handle rustic, but how immaculate can you get 40+ year old carpet and furnishings? Website also says "canteen offering fresh baked good, fresh lobster, coffee shop". I never saw any of those. I did see a juice cooler and a shelf of minimal miscellaneous stuff for sale in the office.

Couldn't wait to check out of this place!

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wimberleydlc
Reviewed September 10, 2009

A very busy spot. If you like alot of people around then this village is for you. Average cottages. Nothing fancy. Access to the beach and a great sunset.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family