“Traditional Fish and Chips”

Schooners' Fish & Chips
Ranked #48 of 76 Restaurants in Picton
Reviewed October 9, 2013

You know the saying "don't judge a book by it's cover", this would apply to Schooners. It might not look like much from the outside but the fish (halibut) and chips is very good.

2  Thank justjo008

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We went to schooner's for a quick bite of dinner and enjoyed it. The fish was fresh and properly cooked. The batter was tasty and crispy. The fries were also properly cooked, hot and crispy.

Service was friendly and prompt. The decor is basic, i.e. don't expect a romantic dinner for two.

I'd certainly go back without any hesitation.

2  Thank ChairmanMike
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Was there with my mom today, Fri June 14th 2013, first time for me being there. I had just a piece of Haddock, Mom had Haddock and chips. The food was good, but the welcome and service from the waitress left much to be desired. No smile, no greeting, no welcome, pretty much "what would you like?", brought the food, no 'you're welcome' when WE being polite people said thank you, didn't come to see how everything was... needless to say, no tip was given. I wonder if they are a family run joint, because I can't imagine anyone actually hiring her if they aren't family. I'd have their food again, but would never eat in. I'd get take out. Mom said that is the first time that she's had terrible service there. The cook was friendly, he chatted with a few of the patrons, but the waitress, Ugh. We honestly felt like we were nothing but a nuisance to her. It was enough to ruin our lunch experience.

3  Thank Angel M
Reviewed May 30, 2013

lovely place to grab some fish and chips it was recommended to me by a local and they got it right. Good food Good prices and VERY good Service.

1  Thank Richard R
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We read other reviews and decided to try it. It was supposed to be great. Yes the fish is fresh but very greasy. The fish portion is very small for the price, it's the size of a woman's palm. A pile of fries was on the dish covering this small piece of fish. Cole slaw is not included. t
The clam chowder is very good, should of had 2 bowls of that instead of the pile of fries. For 2 people much to expensive for what you get. To top all it felt we bothered the waitress because she didn't bother giving us menus, it was another woman that came out of the kitchen and saw us sitting there that went to get menus for us. No smiles there, that's for sure. It could be because the AC was not working.

2  Thank Lafontaine1956