“Just don't bother”

Ranked #36 of 77 Restaurants in Picton
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Waited over 15 minutes for the server to come and greet me (and I was the only person in the place)!!! She even watched me get up and go find a menu while she chatted with the other server and then was busy doing something on the computer. While I waited a woman came in and asked if she could take a copy of a menu to her cottage, she was told no, sorry, we don't have a copier (Im sure front desk could have made a copy).

Waited forever for the food (again, I was the only person in the place).

The food was ok but not great by any means.

Im just not even going to bother coming here anymore, so not worth it. Save your time and money!!!

1  Thank 28travel28

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Dinner for 2 (main course and a cheap bottle of wine) came to a shocking $115 before tip. The food was OK, the service fine (she was attentive to my wife but not to the kids in our group), the decor includes plastic chairs and plastic ferns which at this price level is not acceptable.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

This place was disgusting. They did not have any of the food listed on the menu, the substituted truffle pasta with store bought ravioli! Garlic bread was soggy gross. Over an hour and a half wait and we left all of the food on the table! Shut it down.

1  Thank Susan T
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We were at Isaiah Tubbs this past weekend in what was our first visit to Prince Edward County. As there were a number of restaurants participating in "Countylicious", we decided to stay at Isaiah Tubbs because they had package which included dinner at their "Restaurant on the Knoll". Turns out that "package" came back to bite us in the [--]. Had the meal not already been included and paid for we would've walked out after the mediocre appetizers. Instead we received our main course and got to endure what I can safely say was the worst food experience of my life (which includes a year in university residence). Beef short ribs were 85% fat and completely inedible. The vegetables tasted like they had come from a bag in the freezer and the mashed potatoes were luke warm and crunchy. The pork schnitzel tasted like it should be served on a waxy bun from McDonalds (ie. thinnest piece of meat ever, and quite possible also cooked from frozen). We were so disappointed by this experience as we'd enjoyed a fabulous meal in Wellington the night before and a great day experiencing the Prince Edward County. To make matters worse, we were told that the manager would be following up with us on Monday and despite multiple phone calls and messages, she hasn't called. It's one thing to screw up, but it's another thing to completely ignore the situation. While our room was decent and the front desk staff we interacted with were great, I will personally be making sure that none of my friends or family ever visit this resort.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We ate at the restaurant on the Friday of our weekend stay, the food was very good and so was
the dessert, it was so large we shared it. The only thing I did not like was the wine, it tasted like
it was oak based and I hate oak based wines, it realy was not a great addition to the meal.