“Order the pecan chicken!”
Review of Portabella

Portabella
Ranked #2 of 72 Restaurants in Picton
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: portabella is a CASUAL restaurant in Picton. portabella offers everything from burgers to pickerel and pasta, portabella is not a fine dining restaurant but somewhere to get a good lunch or dinner at a reasonable price.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Order the pecan chicken!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We were a group of four and we all enjoyed our meals. I honestly felt that if I returned the next night, I would have to order the same meal again as I enjoyed it so much! Make a reservation. They turned everyone who didn't have one away at the door. It is nestled between the shops on the Main Street of Picton. Decor is what I would describe as sleek and modern. The only thing I can say was missing was a candle on our table as the light was a little off. The serving staff all covered each other's tables and was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. Worth checking out. Apparently their pasta is amazing as well.

1 Thank Peggy S

Kagawong, Canada
“Delicious Meal!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Do plan a meal at this restaurant. The food, the service, the atmosphere can't be beat! Reservations are highly recommended.

1 Thank Rachel V
Kingston, Canada
“Average”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband and I visited Portabella's last weekend. I'm honestly going back and fourth between a rating of Average or Very Good on this one. The atmosphere is lovely and relaxing, the staff were welcoming and service was very good. The quality of the food was good but there was really nothing that I can say was amazing. No "wow" factor. We both had appetizers, salmon and calamari, which were ok and we both ordered the pickerel. Again, very nice but nothing really outstanding or memorable the flavors were actually a little bland. That being said, the dessert (and I'm not really a dessert person) that was memorable! We shared a locally made organic Bumbleberry pie...absolutely incredible. Yum!

Toronto
“Great casual dinning ”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Eat here quite often and find food excellent and consistent
Donny and staff do great job and wine is well priced
Love their lemon pie as a finale for dessert

Ottawa
“Portabella for two”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Overall, the quality of the food was excellent. The service could have been a touch better. We had the over-ebullient waitress to the sullen bus-girl.

Visited July 2014