“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Portabella

Portabella
Ranked #2 of 72 Restaurants in Picton
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: portabella is a CASUAL restaurant in Picton. portabella offers everything from burgers to pickerel and pasta, portabella is not a fine dining restaurant but somewhere to get a good lunch or dinner at a reasonable price.
Picton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Always a high standard, and not very expensive. A consistently good selection.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Kevin B

Ottawa
“Great find in Picton”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

This is a popular spot and deservedly so. Nice menu (so hard to decide because it all looked good). Very welcoming, attentive staff. I would like to go back to Picton for dinner at this restaurant. Very nice decor and welcoming feel as soon as you walk in. My husband and I were both very pleased with our lunch. Everything was very fresh.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank geegeeOttawa
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“Great Lunch Spot”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I've been to Portabella in Picton twice now for lunch, and it has never failed to impress. Today, I had the daily omelette, which happened to be smoked salmon and spinach, along with a bowl of their daily soup. My friend had the market salad, and we shared a bottle of Sandbanks wine. Total bill about $85 with tip. The soup was a bit of a disappointment - creamed cabbage and split pea. I thought it needed something like a curry flavour to perk it up. My omelette was great, though too much (3 eggs), served with a nice salad. My friend had a lovely salad with fresh greens, lots of fruit and chicken. Service was wonderful and the ambience is great. Get a table by the window so you can see the world go by. I'll be back.

• Visited April 2012
Picton, Canada
“Great Place”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

There is no place like Portabella for great food at good prices. We go often

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Joyce J
Tillsonburg, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous ambiance ok food”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We loved the ambiance in the restaurant and the staff was very prompt, polite and helpful. I ordered the special of strip loin, they asked me how I would like it done and whether I wanted potato or rice. I ordered medium with potato. Got no potato and it was well done, almost burned. My husbands pasta dish was very good. I did not complain as we are on vacation and it just changes the tone of everything. The restaurant was recommended to us, so yes we were disappointed. i would not have even given a review except that the steak was almost burned and they served it anyway.

• Visited April 2012