“Always excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn-Lake on the Mountain Restaurant

Inn-Lake on the Mountain Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 72 Restaurants in Picton
Cuisines: Canadian, American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Belleville, Canada
“Always excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

The setting is very nice and the food is always excellent. We love to purchase a bottle of the homemade poppyseed salad dressing and the Greek salad dressing as well.

Visited August 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic food in a beautiful location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Great food and ambiance. Went there on a weekend get-away with my partner and really enjoyed it. Our server was lack-luster to say the least but the others seemed quite good. Certainly I would go there again and recommend it to others.

Montreal
“Absolutely must eat here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I went here with my wife and 4 year old son for a late lunch on a Saturday.

It was busy, but we were seated outside in a few minutes. The staff were wonderfully welcoming and professional. Very knowledgable about their menu.

We had 3 dip starter, which was a selection of flat breads, crackers, broccoli, carrots and cauliflower to dip in onion, humus and sun dried tomato dips. Very tasty, and we all enjoyed that.

My wife followed that up with a chicken sandwich with pesto, that she thought was excellent.

But I had the best lunch I can remember. I chose the steak sandwich. It wasn't what I expected - not the kind of sandwich you can pick up! This was perfectly cooked delicious steak tips, on a thick slice of Italian bread and covered with a creamy sauce with onions and mushrooms. It came with a side garden salad with a light oil dressing.

My words cannot do it justice. My wife tried it and thought it was wonderful too.

I washed it down with a beer brewed on site.

I was full at this point, but was so impressed that I had to check out dessert too!

We chose to share a chocolate cup cake. This was a beautiful soft chocolate cake with warm soft caramel eluding out of the top. It was dressed with raspberry coulis. Heavenly. Literally brought tears to my eyes!

After lunch we took the shirt stroll (only a few meters!) to the edge of the lake on the hill to complete a wonderful lunch experience.

I would recommend this restaurant without hesitation. One of the highlights of our weekend in this area. Truly excellent.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank fobba
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“Enjoyed this meal and ambience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have seen mixed reviews, so thought I would add my own. We ate on the terrace outside (though it was a little cool) for an evening meal on a Saturday after a day at Sandbanks. The wine list was good - mixture of local PEC wines and international. Prices seemed reasonable (eg $9 for a glass of Argentinian Malbec). The food was good, and well presented. I had the lamb shank, for which I did not need to use a knife at all. Very tasty. My friends ordered the shrimp with coconut (which she declared to be excellent) and the oven baked chicken (the best she had ever had). I found the prices to be reasonable for the food - my lamb shank was $23. If you are looking for burgers and fries, this is not the place for an evening meal, but if you want good food for an evening meal, then I recommend. While there, I saw the chef come out and pick herbs from the garden - a very good sign. I would go back, for sure.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank SoloCanadianGal
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
“nice setting, a little expensive though”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We enjoyed sitting outside by the antique car, near to the Lake. The service was good and the food fine for lunch. A little on the high side but most of the choices of good food in the area are similar in price.