“A little disappointed”

The Waring House Pub and Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Waring House Pub and Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 82 Restaurants in Picton
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed September 22, 2016

Stayed here as a weekend away from kids and was a little disappointed. The room was nice enough, however the taps under the sink were leaking or left on and poured out on the floor, so we called the front desk for maintenance. There were no other rooms available so they sent maintenance in while we went to dinner. The next morning we discovered the floor in the bedroom was soaking wet. Advised the front desk again and was told there was nothing they could do to move us because they were still full. They did send maintenance again, who came by while we were having a nap. Entered the room despite the do not disturb sign. Our "romantic" weekend full of interruptions left us wanting to go home. The front desk staff left us with the feeling that we complaining over nothing

1  Thank Heidi G

Reviewed September 22, 2016

We recently had dinner in Amelia Garden and although the food was tasty and the service acceptable, the portions were so tiny that I was still hungry after I had wiped my plate clean. I don't usually eat dessert, but I did, just to fill the gap. I would not go back.

1  Thank roseandsil
Reviewed September 22, 2016

The management has introduced a more upscale dinning room with great food. We personally love the pub atmosphere as they have live bands to entertain you. Good old rock and roll makes for a very lively and incredibly fun evening. Can't beet Beer and Wings once and a while. The management are truly a great group to make your stay and visit really enjouable.

Norah R, Owner at The Waring House Pub and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback. We agree - music, beer and wings is always a great start to a fun evening. As such we pride ourselves on supporting local talent and as such do offer entertainment Wednesday through Sunday - so we hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed September 12, 2016

Our two great aunts took us here for lunch in Picton, Ontario. The restaurant is very pretty and comfortable. Our waitress was Linda and she was very good at describing menu and specials. I wanted to try their specialty but was too nervous to order liver and onions, but one of my Aunts went for it. Wish I had because when it came it looked delicious. The liver was ordered medium rare and was too large beef livers. It came with perfectly elongated potatoes and all was covered in a rich onion gravy. My other Aunt chose fish and chips, myself, turkey club and my husband prime beef sandwich. While sitting in dining room we were able to look out over an impressive garden. So pretty in fall. Linda talked us all into trying their signature Maple cream burlee. Such a treat with the crispy maple cover.

Norah R, Owner at The Waring House Pub and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2016

How wonderful that your were able to experience our great culinary fare with multiple generations! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon - and this time you may try one of our signature main dishes.

Reviewed September 8, 2016 via mobile

Definitely a place to stop by if you're looking for neat ambiance (very cool old building where every room has a different personality), great live music, and a cool drink! I haven't had very good luck with their food... pretty average in terms of quality/flavor and pricey for what you get.