“Great view...”

The Miller House Cafe Brasserie
Ranked #5 of 76 Restaurants in Picton
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed August 5, 2014

You'll definitely want to sit on the patio for one of the best views in the County, overlooking the Glenora Ferry and the beautiful scenery on the bay. The décor inside is lovely, too, and spacious enough that you can have a private conversation without feeling like your neighbours can hear every word. The food is tasty and presented nicely, and the selection of beer is great. The only improvement I can suggest is the service. We waited over half an hour for our food, and our server was not particularly attentive (although he was pleasant and friendly). We had to hunt him down twice over the two hours we were there, as he only visited our table about every 30 minutes or so. As long as you are not in a hurry, I would recommend this place!

There are newer reviews for The Miller House Cafe Brasserie

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Went here just for some drinks with a friend, but we ended up getting the "local fare" platter to snack on as well. I don't eat cheese so I can't speak for that part of the plate (my friend seemed to enjoy it), but the two dipping sauces were amazing, and the combo of them with the fresh baguette and salami was all I could ask for. I tried the Lake on the Mountain Brewery Pale Ale, and it was the best pale ale I've ever had! My friend had the Cream Ale, which was also delicious.

The music was a little oppressing in that it was a little too "romantic" and jazzy instrumental as opposed to the laid-back good tunes I was hoping for, but then again I guess it depends on the demographic they typically serve.

Our server was friendly, and it was nice to be able to go inside after the sun went down to escape the pesky mosquitoes. Great view, of course, and such a comfortable ambient atmosphere. Would definitely visit again!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

The patio at this place is gorgeous. Nice to sit and see the lake. The drinks were very good. They only have platters of different meats and cheese. But the food was very good. Great place to stop for a view. Snack and a drink

Reviewed June 30, 2014

No doubt the best patio in the county to enjoy a beer (brewed on the premises) or a glass of county wine along with a charcuterie platter

Reviewed June 22, 2014

It is is a spot that has it all... tremendous sunny patio with a great view of the water and surrounding area, numerous different beers of their own to try and an extensive menu of various cheese and charcuterie platters, Our waitress, Maggie, was great. In fact all of the wait staff seemed very attentive and cheerful. My husband and I just stopped for a drink so I cannot judge the taste of the food. The menu consists of a wide selection of appetizing looking platters for a light lunch or snack and patrons around us seemed very happy with the food. I can hardly wait to go back with my appetite.