“Amazing food, wonderful room”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Picton
Claramount Inn & Spa
Ranked #21 of 42 Picton B&B and Inns
north bay
“Amazing food, wonderful room”
Reviewed August 4, 2009

I took my wife on a 2 day get away during the week. This is the first time we stayed at the Claramount but it wil not be our last. We are very familair with Picton and area and always enjoying coming back. We stayed in the Carriage House, our room was wonderful and the bed was to die for.

If I have one suggestion, the outside of the Carraige House and its decks could use some paint and cleaned up.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
picton
Reviewed July 12, 2009

We have been trying different restaurants in the area for some time and finally had the opportunity to come to Clara's Dining Room. The service was wonderful, our server had a wonderful knowledge of the area and was extremely helpful. The food was out of this world. Everything was presented so beautifully and the tastes were fresh and exciting. Portions were the perfect size so that I left feeling satiated without feeling overful.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 14, 2009

What can I say- one of the best places I have stayed at for the price. The rooms are stunning and the service is wonderful. At midnight they even brought dessert to our room that we had wanted to save for later because we where so full at dinner.

As for the food, the pheasant and salad was wonderful and never had better anywhere else. The one thing I would say that I disliked is the spa which is in the basement. It was fully booked and could not get the manicure I wanted. But overall a wonderful hotel...

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
Whitby
Reviewed October 5, 2008

I have been to the Claramount several times. The room is beautiful (we always stay in Suite 2), the food is to die for, the spa was great (I reclined while getting a pedicure, while looking out the window as the snow fell in the forest behind the inn....heaven!!) and the front desk and restaurant staff are the most helpful and friendly I have ever encountered. My mom and I always go Christmas shopping in the cute little shops in Picton and the surrounding little towns. I recommend the Claramount to anyone!!

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank lovineachday
Toronto
Reviewed October 17, 2007

My husband and I attended the Pec marathon in October and and were hopeful that the accommodation would reflect the price point. The Claramount Inn was one of the nicest properties we have experienced. The rooms are huge with attention to detail in furnishings and ameneties. The property is obviously very well maintaned. Staff were friendly and helpful and the salt water pool was very accessible, warm and relaxing. My only caution to travellers are that any extras are charged at a high rate (ie breakfast snack before the marathon was offered and charged to our room at 12.00 each which was too much for the contents.
A lesson is to enquire about these extras and prices before assuming this is complimentary. We did take the meal plan for one night which was 100.00 per person and I would probably not take this option again as there was no savings over just ordering off the menu. All in all I would definately stay at the Claramount again and in particular in suite 4 which has the King bed. We did not have time to use the spa but will try next time.

Sue and Terry Carrick, Toronto.

• Liked — room size and decor/extras
  • Disliked — all great
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 16, 2007

My husband surprised me for our anniversary with a weekend getaway, we stayed 2 nights at the Claramount Inn and we loved it. The Inn is beautiful and the room we stayed in (Suite 4) was spacious and nicely decorated. Included in our stay was dinner at the Inn's restaurant 2 breakfasts and a $25.00 gift certificate toward dinner at their sister property The Waring House. Dinner and breakfast at the Inn was very good. Usually when Inns include meals in their packages the selection is limited but at The Claramount the menu was extensive and at par with any fine dinning 5 star restaurant. The Waring House was also very good although my husband and I both preferred our dinner at the Claramount.
My only MINOR complaints about The Claramount Inn is on our last day we had to checkout early and miss breakfast my husband asked if we could get some sort of discount since we did pay for it as part of our package, the lady at the front desk said they could not discount us. The first night we were there I asked for an additional package of instant coffee for our in room coffee machine they failed to tell me I would be charged for it but when we went to checkout they added a $2.00 charge onto our bill. Considering they wouldn't credit us for our missed breakfast I think charging us for instant coffee was a bit petty.

Other than that our stay at The Claramount Inn was lovely and I would recommend it.

• Liked — Property & Meals
  • Disliked — Charging us for instant coffee and no discount on missed meals.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed August 23, 2007

My husband and I recently celebrated his birthday and our wedding anniversary at the Claramount. It was divine!! We started our getaway with some spa treatments then spent two days eating very well and enjoying the plush comforts of our elegant suite. We stayed in suite #1 and enjoyed having access to our room from the veranda versus entering through the main doors.

In general, the Inn is fantastic but there are some quirks. The veranda is not private outside room #1 so other guests may, mistakenly, sit in your space. One evening, we found a couple of men smoking pipes on our veranda. this was a bit irksome for two reasons. First, they have their own private veranda if they are guests - why can't they use theirs? Second, the Inn has an extremely strict policy regarding smoking on the grounds and I was astonished that no one intervened as these two puffed away. The night previous, when we asked the manager for matches (for my husband to enjoy a birthday post-prandial cigar) we were told he would have to exit the grounds to smoke.

Other quirks - signs in the room state, "Yes, you *may* purchase a robe...." In other Inns, similar signs say something like, "Robes are available for purcahse..." A bit odd. Also, the pool remained covered the entire time we were there, despite the extremely high temperatures and making the pool area a bit stuffy.

The spa treatments were okay, not great. The staff are very friendly and sweet but were not experienced. Consequently, the prices seemed quite high. St. Anne's charges about the same amounts and the quality is far far better.

We had breakfast at the Inn and it was okay. The selection is standard and well-exectued but portions are a bit scanty. We dined at Harvest (across the street) and the Carriage House (Bloomfield) and highly recommend both.

We would definitely return but would opt not to stay in suite #1 and would probably forgo the spa treatments.

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank Chaosgirl29
Also consider these accommodations in or near Picton
The Waring House
#5 of 5 in Picton
Twin Birch Suites & Cottages
Twin Birch Suites & Cottages
#3 of 13 in Wellington

Been to Claramount Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!