“Lovely Inn, Lovely town, Lovely spa”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Picton
Claramount Inn & Spa
Ranked #21 of 41 Picton B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I travelled to this Inn with my Mum for a quick escape at the beginning of March. I was really pleased with the experience overall and I will return.

The town of Picton is a lovely spot with some really nice little stores and we had lunch at a great restaurant that started the weekend off perfectly!

Once we arrived at the Inn (4 hours before check in) we were checked in and allowed to go to our room to unwind after the wintery drive. The rooms are extremely well appointed with a great selection of furniture, a big beautiful four poster bed and a spa style bathroom!

Off to the spa and although they did not match decorative style in the basement spa the skill and quality of services were unbeatable! After a very relaxing massage that left me wishing I had chosen many more services we decided to try the indoor / outdoor pool. Here all luxury ceases. My only suggestion here is to not bother. Go and take a look and you will see....that's all.

The restaurant is a lovely spot at the back of the house. It has great views and the service was to match! The food was average to above average; it was very heavy winter fair that went for a very simple flavour base. I was not wowed by any part but I did finish my meal. The wine selection was good - not great but I enjoyed my glass of wine and we retired to the room for our own wine selection in front of the fireplace with books and gossip.

Overall there are things that can be improved on and I hope they do kick it up a notch as they have the opportunity to be competitive with the higher end escapes.....but then....I would assume the price point would change too so I shall enjoy it will trying to figure out this conundrum.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Norah R, Innkeeper at Claramount Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Caribheart,

thank you very much for staying with us and writing about your experience. Comments are shared with all here at the Inn.. that helps us to improve on our guest service and guest experience. And I have noted your comments about the meal and the spa.. We will work on making it better!!

thank you again and we hope you will stay with us when visiting the County.
if you like to stay in touch, like us on facebook where we will post happenings in the County and the Inn.

all the very best,

Wolfgang Stichnothe
Innkeeper

There are newer reviews for Claramount Inn & Spa

Reviewed April 3, 2014

We had a lovely 2 day getaway to the Claramount at an incredible price thanks to Travelzoo. Overall it was a very relaxing, friendly, comfortable, pleasant experience. The suites are large and nicely decorated. We started in Room 7 at the top of the Inn which is very large and sprawling. Most of the furniture in Room 7 is wicker so not terribly comfortable. The king size bed is however. As 1 of us was suffering from an injury we asked to be moved to a lower level room for the 2nd night and the front desk staff member was very accomodating. The soaker tub in Room 2 was just what was needed. The spa treatments were also very therapeutic. Some of the robes provided in the rooms are getting very worn and should be replaced.The pool area is in need of some repair & maintenance but we did enjoy a swim. Dining room staff were very efficient and pleasant especially Alexis. The eggs benedict was disappointing as it was not hot and the biscuit was not even toasted. The plates for all the meals were not warm as they should be. Generally the meals were enjoyable. We were on the Countylicious menu so had limited choices but there was enough variety. First impressions are very important & we have to say that although the front desk staff member was very friendly and helpful, she should have some coaching regarding her use of the English language. There isn't such a word as "Youse" and to be greeted at an elegant Inn such as this with, not once, or twice but several times by this inaccuracy is very disheartening. We would return to this Inn & will recommend it .

Room Tip: Suite 7 is extremely quiet. In lower suites you will hear people moving around above you and you may...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CreamFancy

Dear Nancy B from Haliburton,

thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your experience here on facebook.
Comments are shared with all at the Inn, that helps us to improve on our guest experience. I understand your comment about some of the words being used ... some might insist that " youse" is the plural of " you".... but we will be talking to our staff about this.

Thank you again for your visit.

Wolfgang Stichnothe
Innkeeper

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Claramount Inn and Spa looked to be a perfect romantic getaway ... On the website. Started off with a dirty bathtub , dirty sheets. Had to call to have the room cleaned 20 minutes after our arrival. Not a good start after a long drive. For breakfast, two of the five menu choices were unavailable. Settled for eggs Benedict without hollandaise sauce, but even the eggs were uncooked. Wifi advertised but not available. Terrible customer service and not pleased with staff suggesting we were the problem. We are the two most easy going people on the planet. Really? I would def. not recommend. Don't be fooled by the fancy website pictures. Worst getaway ever.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CampinTrav
Norah R, Owner at Claramount Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Campin Trav from Guelph,,
I have read your posting on Trip Advisor several times and I have also spoken to several employees at the Inn you had contact with.
I am very sorry, that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
As you can see from the other postings on Trip Advisor, most of our guests are enjoying staying with us and return again and again.
You are correct, our Housekeeping staff indeed missed one pillow slip but all other bed linen had been changed and we did offer you a change of room which you declined and to make you more comfortable the bed linen was changed.
I also understand that you were concerned about the cleanliness of the tub,
again our Head Housekeeper revisited your room, found all the towels soaking wet on the floor and several types of oil being used in the tub.(used by you) The Tub was cleaned by her before your return.
I do feel that the next time you are visiting the County you might be more comfortable finding other accommodation and we hope you will have an enjoyable stay.

Norah Rogers,
Innkeeper, Owner

Reviewed February 15, 2014

If you're looking for one of the best restaurants internationally, then look no further! The food prepared by Chef Lyndon is one of my top three favourites. The filet mignon just melts in your mouth. Top it with a Huff Estate Medium dry Riesling and you are there. Adam will provide you a service beyond compare and make you feel like THE V.I.P.'s in the room. You will leave there feeling absolutely fabulous. I recommend it over and over again! Thanks guys!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Josee M
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Spa was fantastic (Aquatic Massage and Lomi Lomi highly recommended)
Service in dining room was good
Room was very spacious, quiet and comfortable (Room 7)
Food/menu could use some work
Date we stayed at the Inn was Dec. 27-29, 2013

Overall a relaxing stay!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Troy M
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Spent the night at the Claramount Inn with a group for my husbands Christmas party and it could not have been a better experience. We stayed in room 7 at the top of the inn and the room was perfect; decorated in a nautical theme for people who love the beach couldn't have been nicer. The room is spacious and extrememly comfortable. Stunning views of the property and the king size bed was so comfortable. The dinner was very tasty, served with local wines and the eggs benedict for breakfast was superb! Thank you Candace Boudreau for the excellent service we received.
The spa lives up to its 5 star rating and the Lomi Lomi massage is an experience not to be missed, Brandy Monro is professional and her massage left me on cloud 9.... Thank you so much for an amazing full body massage (Lomi Lomi) I will never forget. I look forward to seeing you all next year as I understand we are already re-booked.... Simply heaven in Ontario...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank slichter
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed for one night at the Claramount inn - we would have loved to stay longer! We found a great deal on Facebook that we couldn't pass up. The room was beautiful! We stayed in room #2 - it is located at the entrance to the inn. At first we were worried about the noise of people coming and going but we didn't hear a thing. The food was great and so was the service. Breakfast took a little long to come to our table after ordering (about 50 minutes) but we weren't in a hurry and were enjoying the view so it didn't bother us. We will be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KrissyK123
Norah R, Owner at Claramount Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Hello Krissy from Waterdown,

thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write about your experience. your feedback is very important to us and it is being shared with all here at the Inn. (breakfast service!) If you like to stay in touch with us, like us on facebook or subscribe to our e-blast on our website.. we do post special offerings and also keep you informed about happenings in the area.

Norah Rogers