“Relaxing getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Picton
Claramount Inn & Spa
Ranked #22 of 41 Picton B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed here with my wife in Aug 2012 for our anniversary.
We stayed in lodge 10 which from what I gather is the lower end room(only vacant room at the time). The room is big, basic and very cozy. It was actually perfect for what we needed.
The staff was very pleasant and helpful. My wife is celiac(allergic to gluten) and the hotel restaurant was extremely attentive to her needs for every meal! They even brought out a gluten free bread basket at dinner! The food was excellent too! Breakfast and dinner.

We used the spa facility for a massage. While the masseuse were very good, the ambiance was horrible! You could hear everything happening outside the room and they don't play any relaxing music to create a relaxing atmosphere or to even drown out the outside noise. I'm not sure why.

Other things we did around town:
Main street - 15min walk away from the hotel. Very nice street and some good stores to pick up local goods.

Waupoos winery - beautiful estate. Worth the visit!

Lake on the Mountain - definitely worth the drive to. I'm not sure what's more impressive. The actual lake on the mountain or the scenery overlooking Lake Ontario! We stopped by the lake on the mountain inn restaurant patio for lunch. Worth the visit as well!

And of course, what drew as to Picton to begin with, the sandy beach!
For the 2 hrs of nice weather we had, the beach was awesome! Nice white sand. Verrryyyy expansive beach. Plenty of room! The water stays shalow for so long! Very kid friendly.

There seems to be so much more to do in this town, we can't wait to go back. Highly recommended for a weekend getaway!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pkane

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Spent the last part of Thanksgiving weekend at the Claramount. It is a beautiful property and I look forward to staying in the summer. I boat in the area and you pass it while coming into the marina. Great history and the rooms have been kept with the original respect for the property in mind. The service...not so great...but it was Thanksgiving and as I'm use to larger places, therefore I don't know if that's normal or not.

I'll stay there again if only for the love of the spa and restaurant. The place has it all when the weather isn't all that wonderful and you don't want to venture out. The food is fabulous and the spa is relaxing. Wish there were mini fridges in the rooms as we had to put our refreshments on the balcony to keep cool. For the price to stay that was bizarre...this is rather expensive for the area.

Because of the hot and cold thoughts I can only rate it average. Some parts were fabulous and others not. However, I will stay there again and see if it was just an off time to stay or not...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank loveboats2
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is a hotel you cannot praise too highly. From the beautifully furnished, generous suite with lounge, bedroom and huge bathroom, to the dining room service and food, as well as the gorgeous and immaculately maintained grounds and pool it is a joy to stay at. Whatever you do put it on your list and you will love the experience. We're not spa people but from what I heard the spa is up to the same immaculate standard. It's not a big hotel, and that is part of the charm. It feels intimate and the service is personal.
Wonderful - we received a weekend as a gift, but we'll be back!

Room Tip: We had room 2 - it has it's own entrance to the outside and a beautiful porch to enjoy - I highl...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GeraldineOttawa
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Our first impression of the Claramount was very favourable. We stayed for 4 nights in room number 4 which has a verandah. The weather was extremely hot when we were there, being able to sit outside of our room was wonderful. The room was comfortable with a little too much furniture.The cleanliness was fine except for the net curtaining, it's been some time since they were washed. We tried the fine dining and thought it was very good, only gripe was too many flavourings competing in the dishes.I'm surprised they don't have more dining choices, who want's fine dining every night? it means you have to go out and find other places to eat.The biggest disappointment was the (so-called) Spa. Firstly, the treatment I chose was squeezed in to a one hour appointment - the masks didn't have time to work, everything was rushed. The Therapist was very nice and competent but had to work to the time allocated, not relaxing enough. Picture a Spa in your mind and what's the vision? Soft elegant music - candles - pampered waiting area...forget it, you will sit in a small square hallway on a hard chair with all the other guests. It's only beacuse of the pleasant and thoughtful staff that I don't downgrade to a three rating. I wouldn't like to have stayed in any of the other nearby Claramount buildings.

Room Tip: definately the Main building, unless you don't mind the walk.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank grimrater
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from a nice weekend at the Claramount. This is our 4th visit i think and we enjoy it every year. We stay in the carriage house with 2 other couples and it is nice but not elegant. We keep hoping for some updates or presenting touches but nothing has changed in the rooms over the past 5 years. The restaurant is good but not great. I know you don't stay in an old inn and look for something new but the whole thing seems a bit tired. Overall it is certainly good value for the money. There are no hotel chains in picton and so accommodations are limited and this is one of the best, rooms are clean and beds are very comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank briguy61
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

One of the most beautiful hotels I've ever stayed at! The room was spotless, the food was amazing and the ambiance was incredible! It made for a very romantic weekend getaway. We will definately come back!!

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank dr_kun
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We recently stayed at the Claramount Inn (because the Devonshire Inn on the Lake in Wellington is closed for renovation) and were disappointed. My husband and two teen daughters and I rented rooms 8 and 10 which are in the little cottage off to the left of the main house. Oh my. Sad, tired, dingy blue carpet. Bad polyester bedspreads. Curtains that didn't properly cover the entire window. A burnt out lightbulb in the bathroom. And cheap oversized pine furniture everywhere.
The main house is lovely and this place could be so much more if it was full of antiques and good quality linen, etc. The breakfast was fine and the service was friendly (although certainly not polished). Glad we went elsewhere for dinner. We definitely won't be back again.
We're trying the Manse in Picton next summer (we saw it while it was under construction and wondered what it was going to be - are thrilled that it's an inn.) The website photos look great with lots of original art on the walls (which is what should be on the walls given the abundance of wonderful artists in the county!).
Anyway, the Claramount is a wasted opportunity and I'd love to see what a future owner with some creativity, imagination and taste might be able to make of this place.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 8 and 10. Cheap pine furniture. You feel like you're in a trailer.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family