“Relaxing Spa day with the girls”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Picton
Claramount Inn & Spa
Ranked #22 of 41 Picton B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My sister, a few friends and I spent a day and a night at the Claramount. It is a beautiful old manor house, lovingly restored to it's former glory. Ask for room number one, as far as I was concerned I got the nicest room out of all of us. Mind you, all of the other gal's rooms were nice too. We had dinner included, a very posh menu, not a huge menu but most certainly enough to please everyone in our group. Breakfast was scrumptious too and complete with champagne. We were all pleased with our spa treatment selections. I had the "Back Bliss" and the "Nirvana Facial"; they were both nice but the latter was awesome...so relaxing and my face simply glowed after the treatment. How I wish I could do these things every week...
Anyhow, you won't be disappointed, I would like to return here sometime with my husband as it was a very romantic place with lots of attention to detail and a very friendly and accomodating staff. In addition, there is so much to do in Prince Edward County-wineries, galleries, historical sights and some great beaches.

Room Tip: Try to get room #1-so gorgeous...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank saas_007

Reviewed July 8, 2012

My wife and I spent three days here while visiting Prince Edward County. We were almost overwhelmed by our suite, which was beautifully appointed and spacious. The bed was wonderfully comfortable, and the bathroom was HUGE, with a shower and a large soaking tub. Our suite also had a separate exit to the veranda, which was a very nice spot to sit and read in the early morning or evening. I very much enjoyed the heated saltwater pool. Breakfast was included, and the waitstaff were very friendly. Our one quibble was that, for the three days we were there, we never could manage to log onto the wi-fi, and the front desk staff seemed unable to help us solve this difficulty.
The location of the inn, in Picton, is cental in the county, and is a great spot for going out exploring all there is to see, from the vineyards and wineries, to the beaches at Sandbanks Provincial Park, to the Lake on the Mountain, to just driving through the country roads and along the coast, looking for that perfect sunset.

Room Tip: We were in Suite #2, which is beautiful, spacious, and I believe it is handicap-accessible.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David M
Reviewed June 17, 2012

PEC is filled with lovely inns but the Claramount stands out with its big spacious rooms and lovely decor. Though the furniture in our suite was faded, the room was sparkling clean, the bed was excellent and our family of 3 was very comfortable. The bathroom is enormous and outfitted with a huge tub and separate shower. My cranberry brioche french toast with candied walnuts was the absolute highlight of my trip. We would certainly recommend this lovely inn to others!

Room Tip: If you have no trouble with stairs, the upper rooms may be a little more quiet as the floors are som...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Visiting Prince Edward County, wanting to spend one night, we liked our beautiful room, the wonderful location, the excellent food (breakfast/ dinner) and the friendly, professional service (reception and restaurant) so much that we decided to extend our visit and spent an additional day at this beautiful place. It was very nice and relaxing, unfornutaely we had to return to Germany - but we will be back :) !

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Margot S
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My partner and I had some business to do at one of the wineries in Picton and decided to make a weekend of it. We picked the Claramount Inn based on prior trip advisor reviews and were really pleased with our choice. The Inn itself is beautifully situated overlooking the harbour and is a gorgeous old building. It was in need of a new paint job and the staff mentioned this as soon as we arrived, which was nice to hear the acknowledgement. We had room 5 with the private staircase and the balcony overlooking the harbour. The room is huge! Very well appointed, lots of space for lounging and a lovely, comfortable bed. We took advantage of the pool and sauna a couple of times and had the whole thing to ourselves which was lovely. We had registered for the 'countylicious' special which included our dinner at Clara's and a light breakfast in the morning. Dinner was fantastic...we are real foodies and were delighted by the culinary talents of the young chef (Alex I believe). As we were late diners, Chef came and joined us for a drink at our table at the end of the evening. He really is very creative and uses as many local ingredients as he can. Our server (sorry, forgot her name) was wonderful. She recommended a bottle of wine and some cocktails before dinner (maple vodka martini) and was very attentive and engaging without being intrusive. The breakfast was light, included some bagels, toast, smoked salmon and cream cheese, fresh fruit and pastries and coffee and juices. All in all, a really pleasant weekend break.

Room Tip: Room 5 with the private staircase is highly recommended.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TaniaDToronto
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We came from Montreal and the trip was worth it. We enjoyed the Inn, which was nicely restored. The staff was just fantastic. We'll probably go back.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 18, 2012

My husband and I spent a night in Room 5 overlooking the water. The room was incredibly spacious and decorated in a style consistent with a 100 year old home. It was a step back in time but with all the modern amenities like a beautiful soaker tub. You almost felt you were in the master bedroom of a grand old house. The king size bed was extremely comfortable. The staff were very warm and welcoming. We had a fantastic meal in the intimate dining room. The service was impeccable. The spa which is downstairs is very attractive. I only had time for a massage but I would love to come back and indulge in more spa services. We didn't get a chance to try the heated salt water pool but will next time.

I had a chance to peek in some of the empty rooms in the morning (we were there early in the season, mid-week) and they are all large and beautifully appointed with spacious modern bathrooms.

My only disappointment (and it was small) was the continental breakfast - if you are gluten free like my husband it is quite limiting even though there were all kinds of breads. I like a hot breakfast when I travel - everything else was so well done. The cold breakfast didn't fit with the rest of the stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple