We stayed at the Waring House for a weekend in June 2009, our second visit. We looked at the rooms in the new buildings, which are lovely, but decided to stay in our reserved room in the house next door, Room 11. The room was a little crowded in that we had two queen beds, and only needed one, but we also had a hot tub on the deck outside the room, very romantic. We ate in the Barley Room pub and also at Amelia's. The inn was packed since there was a wedding on site on the Saturday, but despite catering to a full dining room and a wedding party the food in Amelia's was excellent and the service attentive. All the staff were friendly and the inn is a very relaxed place. The rooms in the house next door can seem a little musty on arrival (it is an old cottage), but once the windows are open its fine, the bed is very comfy and the bathroom ok, so don;t expect a spa style bathroom.
The only drawback is there seems to be more traffic these days in Prince Edward County and the inn is at at an intersection so there can be some traffic noise, depending on where your room is located.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rural hospitality meets modern convenience in the heart of Ontario's newest wine and culinary hotspot, Prince Edward County. Choose from 49 rooms and suites in our historical buildings or our new luxurious lodges. Fine dining in Amelia's Garden, casual fare and live music in the Barley Room Pub. Recreational hands-on cooking classes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Waring House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waring House Hotel Picton
- The Waring House Picton, Ontario