We stayed there December 18 and 19 on a internet deal. and it was a GRRRRRREAT deal!!!! $299 for 2 night accommodation in the best room available, breakfast for 2 people 2 mornings and a cooking class for 2 people including dinner. It was an amazing deal!!!!!!!!! The cooking class alone was $200.
So we ended up staying in 2 different rooms. We could have stayed in the new buildings in upgraded rooms (which we have stayed in before and they are really nice!) But we elected to stay in the "house next door" on the first night as we wanted the "country charm". We stayed in room 11 which was a very nice room - true to the country charm. It had a gas fireplace and beautiful deck.
One big drawback - at least from our perspective - there is no shower. Although it is kind of romantic - a Jacuzzi tub right in the room with hot red curtain dividing the areas.
So then we switched to the Stone Cottage - room 18 the next night. Really cool little place all to our selves. Beautiful stone and a fireplace. Very romantic. Hot tub outside your door with French doors opening to the stone patio. Really nice! A little cold outside to use the patio - but in the summer - that would be amazing! Bed really comfortable. comforter was amazing. And a Jacuzzi tub in the room, as well, but no shower again. For us that was a drawback. The staff were very helpful and we were able to take a shower in another room.
The only real criticism was that the room smelled.
In general - the whole resort is getting tired and needs and update. The newer buildings are that, but lack the charm that most people are seeking when you go to Prince Edward County.
We knew what we were getting into, so no big deal.
And the food was very good. Our turkey that we made was really good! the Caesar salad we had the next evening was good and breakfasts were very good as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rural hospitality meets modern convenience in the heart of Ontario's newest wine and culinary hotspot, Prince Edward County. Choose from 49 rooms and suites in our historical buildings or our new luxurious lodges. Fine dining in Amelia's Garden, casual fare and live music in the Barley Room Pub. Recreational hands-on cooking classes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Waring House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waring House Hotel Picton
- The Waring House Picton, Ontario