We spent St. Patricks' weekend at the Waring House,March 16th and 17th. Arrived the Satuday with a welcomed check in. Dinner at the Pub that evening. This not your normal pub fare. Much better than I have ever had. Saturday night there was live Irish music. Breakfast was good as well. On Sunday morning we had a wonderful cooking lesson with Chef Jordon, who was a real delight and full of great cooking tips. Then we ate fantasic the 3 course meal for lunch that was made by us and the 10 other guest at the cooking school .Thank you Jordon and Andrea!
After lunch we walked 10 minutes up the road to the Barley Days Brewery, where we sampled their several selections of beers after being given a tour by Chris(the owner).
Sunday Dinner was in the Amelia Dining Room and both the service and food were very good.The Pub was the place to be, for St Paddys' Day. It was really hopping! Everyone having a great time.
Our suite was in the" Quaker" building and was extremely clean, beautifully decorated , the bed very comfy. A Small Fridge, coffee maker, soaker bath and a seperate shower, Robes, LED HD Tv's in Bedroom and in the living room, and a fireplace complimented the room. All the staff we met or had dealings with were very friendly and helpful.
Prince Edward county in a wonderful place for all season vacationing.. Amazing Parks, Beaches, Wineries, and shopping, cheese factories, fishing, etc etc. Lots to do and see.!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rural hospitality meets modern convenience in the heart of Ontario's newest wine and culinary hotspot, Prince Edward County. Choose from 49 rooms and suites in our historical buildings or our new luxurious lodges. Fine dining in Amelia's Garden, casual fare and live music in the Barley Room Pub. Recreational hands-on cooking classes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Waring House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waring House Hotel Picton
- The Waring House Picton, Ontario