“Vegan friendly for lunch”
Review of Regent Cafe - CLOSED

Regent Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: The Regent Cafe is open for breakfast and lunch. You will find that the dishes we create are fresh, inviting, made with locally-sourced ingredients, and of course; a little bit of love. Gluten-free and non-dairy options are always available - let us know when ordering if you have any special dietary restrictions.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My daughter and I went to the Regent Cafe for breakfast on July 13, 2013. Somewhere I thought I'd read they were vegan friendly, so we were game to try them out for breakfast.

I would say that they're not that vegan friendly for breakfast, but lucky for us, they had a bunch of salads ready for the lunch crowd, so we had lunch for breakfast. It was very good. We had their carrot slaw, and a quinoa/chickpea mixture, and some fruit salad.

Staff (I think they were the owners) were outstanding, and the wee cafe is absolutely charming.

Great food. Great service. Accommodating.

Worth visiting!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

The Regent Cafe is a charming spot for lunch. Good food that is locally sourced and friendly staff. My husband and I both enjoyed the delicious mushroom soup. I had a tasty beet and sweet pea salad, while my husband had a good veggie sandwich. This was our first time to the Regent, on a second trip to Prince Edward County. We would go back.

1  Thank Helena R
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We ate at the Regent Cafe for lunch and have to say it was quite wonderful. The sandwiches were great and coleslaw.Setting was comfortable and quant. Please enjoy my photos. We will return.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This place is great for a quick lunch. The food was original and tasty. Friendly, relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Since it is the only place where to buy fresh bread in Picton on Sundays, we went to the Regent Cafe. We bought two baguettes and a loaf of granary bread.

The baguettes were so dry, they were only good to make croutons and the loaf was very dry.
I hope the Cafe sells fresher bread during the week. It should remove the stale bread from the counter when it is out of date!