“Memories at the Mustang”

Mustang Drive In Picton
Ranked #1 of 3 Fun & Games in Picton
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Can't remember the last time I was at the drive-in. Oh yah, last Saturday night! So glad my kids have had a chance to experience it! The next generation may not. Great time as usual when we are in town. Love the ease of families and friends mingling about before the movie starts. Paul and his family are always there to help. See you next year!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We recently spent a week in Picton and had to try the Mustang! In order to save a few dollars... we went on a Thursday (car load price vs individual rates). For the kids - this was a first. Plus, it's definitely been a while since I've experienced a drive in.

First of all - we were greeted by a funky bus! This bus doubled as the "ticket booth" which was very cool -- neon lights and everything (be advised... cash only).

I could tell that some were regulars. They pulled in their "spot" backwards, pulled out their chairs, popped the trunk open on their vans, and enjoyed the show. Creative! Others had some type of magnetic netting on the vehicle windows to keep the bugs out as they got some fresh air (wish I would have thought of that). We stuck to the basics: blankets and pillows.

The washrooms were cleaner than I thought they would be... which is a definite plus! The concession stand was good too. But, the best part was the "host". What a sense of humour! I really enjoyed listening to him before the show started. In typical "drive in" fashion - people were honking for the show to start... as the honking continued, he got on the "radio station" and encouraged people to honk louder! The kids loved it.

This is an experience well worth the $$$... even more so if you go on "car load" night.

1  Thank NicoleGL
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I had a great time at the Mustang Drive In! We went to an all nighter that included 4 movies. There are 2 screens so we had 8 movies to choose from (you can switch between movies, although most people stay parked in the same spot all night). The cost was around 11$ per adult.
I really enjoyed when everyone honked as the sun came down!
This is a good place for families/kids as the first movie is usually a cartoon so the kids can sleep after.

1  Thank val_rocks