“Excellent family place very close to Sandbanks provincial Park”

Sandbanks Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 11 Specialty Lodging in Picton
“Excellent family place very close to Sandbanks provincial Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

The place is very clean beautiful and close to the Sandbanks Park as well as the dunes which is a major attraction in the area.
The owners Tim and his wife were very helpful and supportive.
A must visit place and highly recommended for your vacation to Prince Edward county, picton or Sandbanks.

• Stayed May 2013
5 Thank Kunal_Shreni

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Whitby, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

My name is zeb, my wife and i used to be seasonal campers at the sandbanks dunes park for three years. We bought a new house and decided to move are trailer to a park that was closer to are new home so that we could cut down on travel time. This was about six years ago, and we still regret it. we have been in two parks since then and none of them come even close to the experiance we had at sandbanks beach resort. although we are in a different park we find ourselves going into prince edward county just to get that amazing feeling back. The location, pepole, atmosphere, and management at this park are amazing. this place is truly one of the best places to stay if you want a relaxing vacation with tons of things to do. After six years of trying to find a place that would make us feel the same way as we did when we where at sandbanks beach resort, my wife and i have decide to move are trailer back to the place that makes us TRULY HAPPY!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Zeb460
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

I just came back from sandbanks beach resort.

I was with my friends and rented a nice cottage at 2068-40b.

Very clean, quiet and nice trails all around.

People are nice and the owners Tim and Joanne are very nice people and taking care of their park.

I will definitely go back in july.

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank Daniel_Savard
Watertown, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Although the location near the sand dunes is beautiful, the park is very trashy. Bathrooms are not clean and playground for children is falling apart. The owner was not helpful when we required help with the smallest of items. There are LOTS of much nicer places to stay near-by!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
18 Thank 873Denise
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Our family has been going to this trailer park (Sand Dunes location) for the past four years. It's amazing if you have young children as it is the closest place you can stay to the Provincial Park (3 minute walk through a path to Dunes Beach) and there is a playground in the middle of the park. We always opted for a trailer right in front of the playground so we could relax and read while keeping an eye on the kids. There is also a nice dock you can swim from if you don't feel like the beach some days. West lake is beautiful and the sunsets over the dunes are the best I've seen. The place is very well maintained with about 8 very clean, new rental trailers with the remainder of the park occupied by seasonal renters who own their trailers. It is a very quiet park at night but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy a nice campfire if you keep the noise to a minimum. My favourite thing about this place is how dark and peaceful it is at night - best sleeps ever! And the kids are able to roam free and hang out with the multitude of seasonal and visiting kids. We even get friends to come with us each year which makes it all the more fun - eating and drinking wonderful Prince Edward County food and wine.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Wanderlust A
Ottawa, Ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We booked two “tent” sites for six adults (three couples all 26 and 36 year old) for two nights. We were told at booking at this was a family resort and that we would have to be quiet after 11pm. Although we did not go to bed at 11pm, we made sure to keep our voice at a strict minimum and simply chatted around a fire.

Our first initial thought of the place when we arrived Friday was that there is absolutely no privacy. The lots are small and very tight together. There are trees, but not enough to provide shade or privacy.

On our first morning, the Manager came over and told us we had been very quiet and that he was impressed and pleased with us. On the second morning, he came over and yelled at us that we had broken our promise and that he had received complaints from “everyone in the Park” about how loud we were on both nights. Right after the interaction with him, two neighbours, who had heard everything, came over to tell us they hadn’t heard anything. The complaint came from a family, who were also in a tent. Her complaint to us was not that we were loud but that we had our fire running still after midnight and that she could see the shadow in her tent (lots of extremely close to each other).

I would not stay here again, even if I was travelling only with my grand parents. The privacy is pretty much null and I believe that we would have received complaint no matter who I was travelling with. My friends and family are not the type of people to go to bed at 9pm when camping.

I must say, the beach at the resort is nice (hard sand once you pass the rocks) and from what I saw, they take really good care of their grounds as well as great care of the trailers they rent out. The Dunes beach is a few KM’s away and the others are easily accessible by cars, so location is ok. The bathroom facilities are ok. There is a shower and a bathroom with running water. It’s nothing fancy but serves the strict minimum when camping, which is totally acceptable.

Although my own personal experience was poor, I would still recommend this place for families with young children who are VERY quiet and low key and go to bed before 10pm. If your style is to stay up part of the night eating marshmallow on the fire, no matter your age, go somewhere else... This place offers no privacy at all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank Anikabella
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

This resort is nice and pleasant IF you have a family and are in bed by midnight. I am in my early 30's, I stayed at this campground for 2 night with two other responsible, young professional couples. We stayed up until 2-3am both nights, quietly having beverages and marshmallows. Music was off. There was no loud talking, laughing or excessive noise. The morning of our departure, the owner confronted me very aggressively. He yelled at me saying that EVERYONE at the campsite had complained to him of our late night rowdiness. This was strange considering the morning after our first night at the campsite, he told us our conduct had been terrific on the first night. He was rude, aggressive and arrogant in his approach. I have been camping at private/public campgrounds for years, I understand the need to respect other people's "quiet time". We were NOT disruptive; several of our close-by neighbours confirmed this to me prior to our departure.
I will not be going back. If you have a family and plan on having a "lights out policy" by 10pm, this place will be fine for you. If not, I strongly suggest you stay away. I am a paying customer. There is no need for aggressive, arrogant, profanity ridden rants conducted by campground Owners. Moreover, this Resort is not geared towards campers in tents. The lots are small, hard, with no privacy at all. This is a trailer park, not a tent campground.

Room Tip: Not a place for tents. This is a trailer park. The tent site offer no pricacy whatsoever.