“Unexpected pleasure!”

Williams Family Diner
Ranked #12 of 72 Restaurants in Picton
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Contemporary
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bracebridge, Canada
“Unexpected pleasure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

The outside of the building wasn't particularly inviting, but since I was by myself and not trying to impress anyone, I ventured in. The furniture was serviceable, but not at all upscale. I was warmly greeted, given a menu and a glass of water WITH ice, and so I studied the menu. It quickly became obvious that this was NOT another greasy spoon serving burgers. I asked for the "Williamsburg", with a side of leek soup. Smoked brisket, (in house) barbeque sauce, swiss cheese nicely melted, and a "first-prize" onion ring. On a decent open bun. Now this is how beef brisket ought to taste - very flavourful, and oh so tender! And the soup was flawless.
The food was indeed impressive, and I was indeed impressed!
After eating, I expressed my compliments, and confessed to the waitress; I was checking their quality to determine if I should bring my motorcycle group for lunch in August. And I will!!!

• Visited June 2013

Kingston, Canada
“Wish I could give it six stars”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

We (2 adults 2 children) ate at the William's Family Diner after noting it scored well on Trip Advisor! We were not disappointed. Perhaps the first thing to say is ....don't be put off by the look outside, or first impression when walking through the door. The building façade is unimpressive (... located directly across from Giant Tiger), and the tables and booths are very Spartan. But wait until you see the menu! WOW. Everything sounded good and looked good at the other tables... to such an extent that we had trouble deciding. Of course a very good kids menu (... "Family Diner"), but very broad selection for adults as well, and all at very reasonable prices. The Pad Thai was great and for dessert I had the Frozen Peanut Butter Pie... to die for! We sampled the local vintage wine which was on special ($20 a bottle) and were quite amazed when a 2006 arrived at the table. After some time to let it open up, I would score it a solid 8/10. Ask yourself, where can you get an interesting 7 year old bottle of red wine at a restaurant for $20? Service was also extremely good, despite the fact that the single waitress was serving three families and two couples at the same time. She was efficient, friendly and very helpful. If you are in Picton I would strongly recommend that you try the Williams Family Diner. We certainly intend to go back.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank ocall0
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Kid friendly but with contemporary style. Good food too!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Nice to have a place up take my kid where there is a play space for him, staff who are happy to see kids, and all the amenities needed for the little customers.... But the best part is that it's comfortable and stylish and tasty for the adults too. You don't feel like you're at some cheesy family restaurant. The Pad Thai is really good!!! Get it spicy!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank 1024dovercourt
Picton, Canada
“Excellent place overall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Great place. Came for dinner with my boyfriend and the service and food were excellent. I have the grilled cheese & fries, a glass of house red wine. He had the burger & poutine with a beer. The prices there are pretty reasonable as well!

• Visited March 2013
Prince Edward County, Canada
“interesting menu options, talented chef, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

First of all the outstanding service,- it really can't get any better. Professional, friendly, fast and informed. We have eaten here several times and the quality is consistent. They have some of the best french fries anywhere. Salads are fresh and not pre-made. This is one of the few places in the area you can get a caesar salad that isnt drowning in heavy dressing. Partner often orders the "General Tao wings" which he says are unique, perfectly cooked with a unique gingery Szechuan type sauce, (I tried them and they are exceptional but super-high calorie). Pad Thai has great potential but noodles can be overcooked making it a bit heavy. Portions of everything are enormous! Hamburgers are terrific and come with ripe tomato, crisp lettuce, high quality, lightly toasted bun, home made cole slaw, pickle, and a side salad, - a meal on a platter big enough for the world's hungriest person! Only small criticism is that the setting is a bit cold, - hard white bench-booths could use some cushions,- especially in winter.

• Visited March 2013