“Great food in a beautiful setting”

Waupoos Estates Winery & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Waupoos Estates Winery & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 79 Restaurants in Picton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located just below the winery, nestled amongst the vines, overlooking the lake is the Gazebo Restaurant. The Gazebo Restaurant offers an open air patio or climate controlled dining room, full service bar, fresh, locally sourced ingredients and professional service. Our Chef will be happy to create special dishes for those with allergy considerations. The Gazebo Restaurant also offers full service catering for your party, wedding or special event.
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Right on the Waupoos Estates Winery grounds, this beautiful restaurant had great food. We tried 3 different starters - scallops, gaspacho soup, salad, and all were delicious!

1  Thank ryan_00_00_00

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We were at this winery for dinner last evening. We were looking forward to wine tasting before our dinner, but the store closed 10 minutes before our arrival. So be ware that the wine store/tasting closes at 6pm during the week. The sites are beautiful. But omg, the dinner was soooo slow, painfully slow. We waited one full hour for the appetizers and another 30 minutes for our main course.....way too long. A couple beside us left very upset, canceling their meal, just paying for their wine.....not good!!! They really seem under staff. The food once served was very good though.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

The property is amazing and although we didn't come for a tour or tasting we enjoyed our time at Waupoos Winery in their Gazebo Restaurant. A Friday nigth reservation was ready as we arrived, staff was very nice and the ambiance quiet and peacful. From our table in the round glass gazebo style restaurant we could easily see the vineyard, the water and dock and the grounds we were taken care of. No A/C so we did have a few bites as the sun went down but no a big deal.

We enjoyed wine and our meals (I had the scallop and the duck. My sisters had pickerel and chicken with salad and something else to start...I forget). We were stuffed by dessert so we passed. Plus we were hoping to dance off our dinner under the wedding tent where a DJ had been spinning tunes throughout our dinner but the event (it's 2nd weekend) fell flat. Instead we walked a bit before catching our taxi.

Expensive considering we had no coctails, dessert or coffee but worth the treat.

1  Thank jnamurray
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We were here for Maple in the County and ordered off the price fix Countylicious menu $35 for three courses. Considering it was M.I.T.C. and Countylicious they were surprisingly not very busy. The service was great. The food was delicious I had and the Sweet Onion Soubise and Caramelized Onion Crostini for starters, and the Rare Breast of Duck (more Med) Black Rice, Poached Grapes, Verjus Emulsion. We tried all three desserts which were delectable, It was a little hard for me to bend over to take my shoes off when we got back to our room but definitely worth it, I'm a glutton for that kind of punishment any day.

1  Thank Senior_V
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I did not like the food, but maybe others would. I like spices and thought the food was bland. I am happy with my experience though...it is a very romantic place!