“Will definitely return!”
Review of Merrill Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Picton
Merrill Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Picton
Toronto
“Will definitely return!”
Reviewed September 1, 2009

My husband & I stayed at the Merrill Inn for a night in July - our suite was very cozy & comfortable & our dinner in the lovely restaurant was delicious! Breakfast the next morning was also a treat!

We can't wait to return!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Oakville
Reviewed August 31, 2009

My husband and I stayed for the Summer Break package as I had already stayed here with 5 other women for the Girls' Getaway and had found the Merrill Inn to be so wonderful. My husband was very pleased with his experience as well. Our very pretty room had 2 easy chairs so we were both able to sit and relax after our drive from Stowe. It was also nice to be able to put our perishables into the communal fridge. Then we had the most scrumptious dinner in their restaurant. Every mouthful was delectable. Our breakfast the next morning was also good. (The smoothies are yummy.) Off to the winery for our picnic lunch (made at the Inn) and our stay at Merrill Inn was complete. Edward, the host, is very personable and runs a very nice establishment. Staying here could get addictive.

Ontario
Reviewed August 29, 2009

My wife and I just returned from spending four days and three nights at the Merrill. The Inn had wonderful and friendly staff, and a top notch chef who provided an excellent meal on our final night.

We spent our time touring the various wineries, cheese makers and artist shops in the Prince Edward County region. The Merrill staff was extremely helpful in pointing us were to go, and who to talk with to have an excellent experience while in the area.

I would most heartily recommend the Merrill Inn to anyone wanting to have a most magical get away in Ontario. Cheers.

GTA, Ontario
Reviewed August 25, 2009

I just got home from spending a couple of days at the Merrill Inn in Picton and cannot say enough good things about it. My room was amazing, the staff always courteous and helpful, the food spectacular... I could go on and on. The hospitality was second to none. I look forward to staying at the Merrill Inn again in the very near future.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank MargGTA_Ontario
Toronto
Reviewed August 12, 2009

We have been staying at the Merrill Inn for a few years now and it is always a wonderful experience. The relaxing charm really captures the welcoming spirit of the County with cozy, comfortable accommodation. The food is always excellent, featuring local produce, with a well chosen selection of both local and imported wines. But the biggest factor in making our stay enjoyable is the excellent service; the attentive hosts and their cheerful and accomplished staff go out of their way to ensure that you will have an enjoyable visit to the region.
We look forward to returning to the Merrill Inn again next year!

Ontario
Reviewed August 6, 2009

Having eaten a fabulous meal at the Merrill Inn while staying nearby at a good friend's cottage, we decided to celebrate our anniversary this year with dinner and an overnight stay at the Merrill Inn. The dinner did not disappoint and the breakfast the following morning on the back terrace was charming. The food and service were spectacular! The room itself was another matter. We booked the suite and upon being shown to our accommodation, it was hard to hide our disappointment. It was nothing more than average. The room itself was spacious, but hardly a 'suite'. Any dictionary definition will tell you that a 'suite' is made up of more than one room. This was one room with a sofa and a bed that was pushed into the corner against a window. The air conditioner was located in that window and had to be turned off at bedtime or risk a cold blast of air all night on the spouse unlucky enough to get that side of the bed. The tiny bathroom was adequate, but you risked scalding yourself in the shower if anyone in one of the adjacent rooms used the water at the same time. Several times I squealed and had to step back until the water temperature righted itself. In addition, the repair to the toilet roll holder was poorly done. No one bothered to patch the holes left from the old one, just slapped a board up and attached the new one. Having paid almost $300 for the room, it was a bit disappointing. Several times I thought of my own home that overlooks a lake and wondered what I was doing here. That's not to say that the Merrill Inn doesn't have potential, it does. If it could ever live up to it's restaurant's reputation, it would be an irresistible combination!

2 Thank JaneBeaOntario
Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 23, 2009

The last time I stayed in htis area I stayed at the Isaiah Tubbs Inn. It was horrible. One of their staff mambers jokingly suggested I stay at the Merrill Inn, as she felt it was worse than the Isaiah Tubbs. Well, she was wrong!

The Merrill Inn is clean, comfortable, has a friendy staff and great food! My room was very clesn, no bugs like they have at Isaiah Tubbs. The bed was comfortable, the linens looked fairly new, there were plenty of towels in the bathroom, and the heater worked perfectly.

The breakfast and dinner I had at the Merrill Inn was first rate! Waitstaff were friendly, prompt, and looked like they really enjoyed their jobs. The people at reception were also friendly. Their service skills are miles above the skill of the staff at Isaiah Tubbs. The entire hotel should be proud of it's staff. I have been traveling for over 30 years as a speaker and sales trainer, I know what it takes to provide top-notch service. The staff at The Merrill Inn is one of the best hotel staffs I have seen in my years of traveling. Next time I am in the area I will be staying there, and I will be referring my colleagues and friends to stay there as well.

Well done Merrill Iinn!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank slowlyseeingtheworld
Also consider these accommodations in or near Picton
The Waring House
#5 of 5 in Picton
The Queen's Inn
The Queen's Inn
#4 of 5 in Picton

Been to Merrill Inn? Share your experiences!