“A great waterfront lunch with my Valentine of 10 years!”
Review of Cafe Cortado

Ranked #46 of 84 Restaurants in Picton
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Great Menu, Great Environment Spacious outdoor & indoor dining Cafe Cortodo, restaurant cafe, located in Central Picton, offers European Continental Cuisine. This Picton Cafe restaurant offers cafe style breakfast / lunches during the day and A La Carte dinner in the evenings. Specialising i coffee , Pictons Cafe Cortado not only has fresh fish on their menu but is locally famous for Italian Style Pizzas, also made with fresh local produce. Come and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere ,the beautiful waterfront views and be served by our friendly staff. We serve Macs Beer and Marlborough Wine. So whether its breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner , visit Cafe Cortado based in Central Picton for that European / Continental experience.
Reviewed February 18, 2017 via mobile

A lovely visit on a beautiful summer day. The waterfront location was choice and the food was delicious, though the service was somewhat lacking. (A young, buxom blonde was very welcoming and had good banter [also was very attentive to the presents left on the chairs by our bird companions and made sure to tidy up before we had a chance to sit; very professional demeanor], while another lithe blonde with a ponytail was inattentive and seemed uninterested. Ordered a bottle of sav from a friendly brunette- ordering was great as the server was bubbly and helpful, but no bottle service or top ups. Toss up, really.)

We ordered the seafood chowder,a Caesar salad, and a garlic and herb pizza. Everything exceeded our expectations for a very touristy part of Picton (the chowder was top notch and the garlic bread that came with it was SUPERB), and the prices were reasonable for such a prime location in a small port town, despite being one of the more expensive restaurants in the area.

We enjoyed a lovely Valentine's Day lunch on the patio and wouldn't hesitate to return (if only to get more of that chowder and garlic bread!) Thanks again!

Date of visit: February 2017

Reviewed February 9, 2016 via mobile

Today was really great. I had the mussels in chili and lemon grass sauce and they were fantastic. At least as good as the Penn Cove mussels near Seattle, my personal standard. We also had the lamb and quinoa salad which my wife also gave a 5. But the biggest surprise was the New York cheesecake. As a Philly boy, I know cheesesteaks and cheesecakes. Artfully presented, but flaked off with a fork, like it's supposed to. Wifi was a little slow, but acceptable. A great lunch in this picturesque little town.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed January 17, 2015 via mobile

To whom it may concern,

I am emailing to express my disappointment in a dispute or lack of resolve that occurred in your cafe/bar on 17 January 2015.

I witnessed a very poor display of service by an off fit staff member toward a paying customer.

The staff member claimed she was allowed to push infront of anyone she wanted and then hit a customer in the face (a slap).

This resulted in two males being removed from the premises however the staff was allowed to continue her drinking binge without reprimand of poor BEHAVIOUR.

The duty manager at the time then argued with bystanders that she was an off duty staff member and it was not his concern however on or off duty STAFF are still a representation of the business.

The Brazilian owner was apparently aware of the situation but when approached by the security
Or manager did not care or want to resolve the conflict.

This is extremely disappointing for a 'small town' business and I will not be returning to cafe Cortado without an apology or reprimand of the staff member.

Come on Picton! I would think you would value any business you receive and that staff
Members would be respectful toward paying customers.

If someone would like to contact me, I would love to discuss but I doubt I would get any response

Rick White

Date of visit: January 2015
1  Thank UsFritter
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Had an excellent meal here recently. Friendly staff had us seated by the window straight away, and drinks arrived soon after that. This was about 7pm so the place was pretty full and our order took a wee bit of time to arrive which was fine as we got to sit back and enjoy the ambiance. Food wise we had...

Seafood chowder - lots of seafood in it, nice and creamy
Meatasaurus pizza - thin base, crispy, yum! Large size was perfect for us two
Side salad - good mix, nice and fresh
Drinks - You can order a litre of beer for $10. Awesome