“Crispy chick pea fries”

Blumen Garden Bistro
Ranked #1 of 72 Restaurants in Picton
Cuisines: International, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toronto, Canada
“Crispy chick pea fries”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Nice bistro in the county my wife and I ate here for lunch on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. The chick pea fries get another vote, very good a must. The soup and Caesar salad were good and the scallops were cooked perfectly. Nice place to stop while out for a drive in the county. Adios amigos!

Brampton, Canada
“Incredible edabule”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Wow....all I can tell you is the food here is as creative and delectable as you will find anywhere.
I mean that literally. After eating in great restaurants in Canada and US as well as Europe this ranks right up there with the best in your life. Try the smoked duck salad and tell me that isn't the best way of getting this. Ditto the rack of lamb...simply flawless. This place is just over 2 hours from my door and easily my new favorite restaurant within a 500 mile radius.

Napanee, Canada
“I expected better from reading the reviews.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We had heard from friends of this restaurant and read the reviews on TripAdvisor. We thought it would be a great place to try. We, however found the restaurant didn't live up to the reviews. My wife is a vegetarian and tried the only offering and found it a different offering from other restaurants but wit little flavor. I had the roast beef. I found it to be a nice portion with little flavour. Even the horseradish was boring.
Lastly we had waiter who had no interest in us. Our table was positioned near a wall where the floor was badly uneven and our chair was wobbly. We asked if we could get something to help with the chair and you'd think we asked for a kidney. Perhaps it was just a bad day but we won't be going back. Its too bad we had hopes to find a great restaurant nearby.

4 Thank rpfxwhalen
Pforzheim, Germany
“Great restaurant with delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

The food in Blumen was so delicious. The main course (regional fish and rabbit) was fantastic. The dessert was very tasty. The ambience in the restaurant is really nice and the romantic garden is beautiful.
The chef is swiss and cooks himself. A really recommendable place.

• Visited October 2013
Kingston
“Nice new restararunt in Picton.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

My wife and I spent a nice evening at Blumen Garden Bistro and enjoyed the service and food very much. The atmosphere was excellent as was the service. I had rabbit for the first time in my life and it was excellent. We would recommend this restaurant without question.

• Visited October 2013