“A wonderful evening” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blumen Garden Bistro

Blumen Garden Bistro
Ranked #1 of 72 Restaurants in Picton
Cuisines: International, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A wonderful evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Excellent food, service and ambience. I visited for dinner, but friends tell me that lunch is also fun! A delight, within 5 minutes of downtown Picton. Friends recommended this and the accommodation owners (Chatsworth Suites) agreed that this is one of the finest restaurants and values in Prince Edward County.

Toronto
“An unexpected gem in PEC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

On recommendation of our B&B host, we made reservations for Saturday night. Glad we did because the restaurant is in high demand and also because the food is excellent. We started with appetizers, for me a black bean and roasted tomato soup with paprika creme fraiche--very nice combination, and actually spicier than I expected. For my other half, a crab cake. She swears it was delicious. The mains were a braised rabbit gnocchi--I got to try it and it was definitely as fluffy a gnocchi as I have ever had. My main was the pork tenderloin with green beans and a souffle with small pieces of country bacon. The meat was juicy and tender and the souffle was just as fluffy as the gnocchi. We finished with an ice cream and meringue tower that in fact left us wishing we had gone for the Lindt chocolate cheescake instead. We did also take advantage of their wine list having the local Exultate 2011 Chardonnay. Un unbelievable wine that was already sold out at the winery and is not available at LCBO. Steep on the price list but still well worth every penny.

Kawartha Lakes, Canada
“Amazing restaurant and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We took a chance and did not make a reservation.Thanks to a wonderfull hostess we where given a very nice table ; thanks again ! You do need a reservation , this place is buzzing and totally worth it . Our server Nicole was very friendly and attentive ; she made excellent recommendations and with a lovely smile and sense of humour . My wife had crab cake for an appetizer along with chicken supreme ; I had pan seared scallops along with braised rabbitt ; we accompanied it with a great bottle of Sandbanks Reserve and finished with a cheesecake to share . The all experience was to live for ; our compliments go to the chefs .
We would recommend this pearl to everyone and for sure we will be back for more interesting and totally different food experience.
Coudos !!!

Picton, Canada
“great food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

The food and service here are excellent and the room is comfortable. Menus are good for both lunch and dinner. Last time I was there I had the pulled rabbit gnocchi and it was a bit too gnocchi and too little rabbit. Still good but a bit disappointing after great build up by others.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Best Angus Burger EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

We had both Dinner and lunch at this restaurant, and I can easily say that it was the best burger I have ever had. It was so good that I didn't eat my fry's until I had finished my burger, and I love my fries.

Visited August 2013