“great food and service”

Blumen Garden Bistro
Ranked #1 of 70 Restaurants in Picton
Cuisines: International, Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Picton, Canada
“great food and service”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The food and service here are excellent and the room is comfortable. Menus are good for both lunch and dinner. Last time I was there I had the pulled rabbit gnocchi and it was a bit too gnocchi and too little rabbit. Still good but a bit disappointing after great build up by others.

• Visited July 2013

“Best Angus Burger EVER!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We had both Dinner and lunch at this restaurant, and I can easily say that it was the best burger I have ever had. It was so good that I didn't eat my fry's until I had finished my burger, and I love my fries.

Picton, Canada
“Tops My List of Recommendations”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

As a B and B owner in Picton, PEC, I am always asked by my guests what my favourite restaurant is in the County. Blumen is always at the top of my list. The staff is friendly, professional and the food is fantastic. I have enjoyed many a meal there myself and always receive great feedback from my guests. In fact, I often suggest that guests make a reservation in advance when I am taking their booking.

Mississauga, Canada
“What a spoiler!!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This past weekend, I visited my sister and her husband, long time summer residents of Picton; they enjoy going to this restaurant and take most of their visitors there to "enjoy the experience". Therefore, true to form, they invited my partner and I to join them. We were greeted at the door in a pleasant manner and then after being seated, were met by our "waiter". Black outfit, huge watch band - I did not get his name. I am not sure of his position with the restaurant but he clearly was having a bad night and decided to take it out on us! When we were presented with the wine list, apparently we were taking too much of his time as he left us there for over 15 minutes before returning to ask us of our decision. THEN, my sister, in her sweet pleasant manner had the audacity to inquire about the veggie dish offered - she had been there so many times before and wanted some reassurance that it was maybe, the same dish. Well, he was in no mood to answer any of these questions. His manner continued until I think he found out who my sister's husband was - he recognized the name - and acknowledged, with a smile, that he was going to "bill my brother in law's brother" for the meal. So that was okay after that.
But, you know, it still left a sour taste in my mouth. My meal (chicken) and my brother in law's (beef) were excellent; my partner and sister - well they seemed to be adding quite a bit of salt. All that aside, we enjoyed a beautiful bottle of Sandbanks Baco Noir and some decadent cheesecake after.
But - as we were driving home, we chatted about this person - who is supposed to be in the "hospitality industry"; the restaurant was not overwhelmingly busy (we live in Mississauga so can compare) and what could have been an awesome experience was marred by his condescending, arrogant attitude.
In a restaurant, patrons are ALLOWED to ask questions about the menu, about the meals offered, about the wine - they are allowed to. Waiters MUST, AT ALL TIMES, be courteous and pleasant - regardless of how busy they are. These are the requirements of ANYONE working in the hospitality industry.
Needless to say, my sister gave a tip which, I thought, was hugely generous - but that is just the type of person she is - a sweet, pleasant person who enjoys a good meal and has wined and dined all over the world.
I was not as generous!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank SeetaJ
Stouffville, Ontario
“Amazing Meal”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Great food, excellent service. The food was well prepared, plentiful and well presented. Our server was efficient, knowledgeable and attentive.

1 Thank shelleyfulton