“Great weekend away”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Picton
Brown's Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 41 Picton B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful weekend at Brown's Manor. We loved our room, as well as the hospitality of Ross and Diane. Our breakfast was top notch, served with a smile. Ross had many great suggestions for touring around the county. I would highly recommend Brown's Manor for a weekend retreat, to rest and relax.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

This was a great place to stay. My husband and I were celebrating an anniversary and took a spontaneous trip to "the County". We chose this B+B based on trip advisor ratings and couldn't agree more with the reviews! Ross greetedvusbupon our arrival and immediately made us feel welcome and at ease on the property. As he showed us around, he shared info about this amazing house and showed us all the areas we could enjoy. We stayed in a suite on the top floor and it rivaled many posh hotels. Great lay-out, high quality furnishings and thoughtful touches everywhere. Fireplace at the foot of the bed, while heat generation was turned off for the summer, it remained able to provide an ambiance effect that was lovely. A quality air jet tub and high-end toiletries made the lovely and generously-sized ensuite a spa-like experience. Ross made dinner reservations for us and invited us to linger on the porch or in the gardens for tea or a glass of wine. We slept soundly in the king bed with fantastic sheets. Breakfast was a treat. Ross and Diane introduced us to the other guests and helped engage vibrant conversation while we ate generous and varied local offering ( including fantastic eggs Benedict). Upon leaving, although we had used a credit card to hold the room, we were told that the room payment had yet to be paid and we were asked to produce the room payment in cash. We had a brief flurry to cobble together the money as we had anticipated it would be charged to the card. It was a bit of an unexpected surprise but did not dampen our enthusiasm for our stay. we highly recommend this location and think that you would also enjoy and appreciate their beautiful home and well-honed hospitality.

Room Tip: Definitely take their top floor king suite. Great views, quite, luxuriously appointed.
1  Thank KarenFredBen
Reviewed August 22, 2012

What a stunning property! All the amenities you could possibly need at a B&B in a beautiful historic property. Diane and Ross provided great touring advise so as not to miss any highlights of Prince Edward County: wineries, cheese factory, lighthouses, beaches. They even made a dinner reservation for us at a fabulous local spot! Breakfast was lovely with homemade preserves and chili sauce to complete the meal. We can't wait for our return trip.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Beautiful home in an historic area close to center of town and short distance from restaurants, etc. Huge room, modern bath and a breakfast to remember. Ross and Diane were wonderful and knowledgeable hosts. We look forward to another visit.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

This past weekend I stayed at Browns Manor and had an amazing time. This was my second time booking there and I was once again very happy with everything. Diane and Ross were very welcoming upon arrival and helped my friend and I plan a fun and relaxing weekend.
We wanted to visit Sandbanks beach (a must see..) and not only did they give us information and directions, but also provided us with a parking pass which saved us $16!! They were also able to recommend several great places in town to eat and shops to check out.
On Sunday my friend and I wanted to visit some wineries and Diane and Ross were more than willing to help us choose out of the many wineries in the area (I think theres about 35) and also gave us cards to receive free tastings!
Seeing the house itself is worth the trip to Picton, it is stunning and so tastefully decorated. The beds are very comfortable, and each room has its own unique character and style. I thought it was also great that each room had its own bathroom. The website was really helpful when it comes to booking rooms so you can see which room suits your needs that weekend. Your stay also includes breakfast in the morning which is always something different and delicious
I am already planning to go back in October and am looking forward to it!!

Room Tip: Definitely check the website before you choose a room www.brownsmanor.com
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SamanthaMarie87
Reviewed July 23, 2012

A girlfriend recommended a weekend away in Prince Edward County/ Picton, ON... my immediate reaction as a 20-something was “how boring.” Needless to say our weekend retreat was nothing less than amazing. Ross & Diane are the most accommodating hosts you can come across. Their knowledge of the town, things to do, places to see, restaurants to eat at is immense. The home itself boasts some of the most beautiful architecture/ design elements I have ever seen. The wood work & craftsmanship throughout is brilliant.

Top 5 Things:
- Book & Company store in town connected to Miss. Lily’s cafe
- Sandbanks Beach/ Dunes
- Winery’s (several visited)
- Accoustic Grill nightly entertainment
- Brown’s Manor B&B front porch (with a glass of wine)

I am currently looking into a fall getaway for my fiancé & myself at the Brown’s Manor B&B!
Finger's crossed Ross & Diane will have room!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I arrived at lunch-time and had lots of questions about the area etc- Ross, ( Mr Lindsay) took time to explain everything to me and gave me a lunchtime suggestion of The Lake on the Mountain. It's great! In the afternoon Diane, (Mrs, Lindsay) met and entertained me. For dinner they suggested the Acoustic Grill-good local food and wine and a live musician.

In the morning you are offered fresh coffee and home-made goodies, 08:30 breakfast is a mouth-watering selection of fresh fruits, home-made and local offerings which were all fantastic.

Ross and Diane go out of their way to make your stay a joy and one to remember. If I return to Prince Edward County, I'll stay there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Picton
The Waring House
Jackson's Falls Country Inn
Cribs on the Creek
Cribs on the Creek
#5 of 13 in Wellington

Been to Brown's Manor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!