$191
Merrill Inn(Picton)
$225
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewscolonial roomambassador roomthird floorfront porchhomemade preservesprince edward countywrap around porchwater bathjohnson streetperson jet tubproviding informationfrench press coffeeoriginal woodworksleigh bedmodern bathking size bedcrystal palace
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I had a wedding outside of Picton over the May long weekend, and weren't sure where to stay. We came across Brown's Manor online, and decided to book it, as the price was reasonable, it looked beautiful, and the reviews were great! This was our first time staying at a bed & breakfast, and we absolutely LOVED the experience! Brown's Manor is an absolutely beautiful home that is kept in wonderful condition. Our hosts Ross and Diane were so helpful and nice, providing us with advice on places to eat and visit, and even finding phone numbers of cab companies for us. Not to mention that the breakfasts were delicious! We were in town for a wedding, and knowing that we were a couple in our 20s, Ross and Diane were perfectly fine with us coming home at a late hour when the festivities were finished which was definitely appreciated. Saving the best for last, the jacuzzi tub in the Ambassador Room was an added perk to an already perfect room. We have already recommended Brown's Manor to friends and family, and will continue to do so!

1  Thank Nancy S
Reviewed June 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Brown's Manor at the end of May. Ross and Diane have thoughtfully renovated their century old home, and it's a pleasure to stay there. This was our first time at a bed-and-breakfast, but Ross clearly answered our questions, and made us feel very welcome. We stayed on the second floor bedroom, with a large ensuite bathroom that is completely modern. The bedroom is much more attractive and brighter than the photographs on the Brown's website. The furniture, the linens, and the wallpaper are all in keeping with the home's character. There are only three room s for rent, so it's never going to feel crowded. During our two-day midweek stay we were the only guests. There is full size fridge on the third floor, and a water cooler on the second floor - very handy.

The location is pretty good. It's a few minutes walk to either Main Street, or Picton Harbour.

As we were the only guests, we chose our breakfast time of 8:30. Ross puts out a big spread with fresh fruit salad, scrambled eggs, peameal bacon, home fries, orange juice, toast, homemade jams, and coffee/tea. He accommodated my wife's wish to eat gluten-free, and there were generous servings of everything. As well, breakfast is served with nice china, and cutlery. After breakfast Ross sat with us and gave us many useful suggestions on activities, and places to eat in Prince Edward County. Ross notes what he serves us for breakfast each day, that way on our next stay he can be sure to serve us something different. This one example really shows Ross' careful attention to making your stay at Brown's a genuinely pleasurable experience.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

This is my second time staying with Ross and Diane who are the best B&B hosts you can have the good fortune of staying with. I took the same bright and sunny room on the top floor as last year, I appreciate the amenities which include satellite tv, wifi, ensuite modern washroom, and visitor fridge. They continue to provide great breakfasts that will sustain you throughout the day, are very accommodating to any food issues - I don't eat eggs or bananas, and they make sure I can eat everything with modifications. They know the area well, and are full of recommendations if needed, and I always feel well looked after here. This is my home when I am in Picton.

Room Tip: There are 3 to choose from, if you go as a couple, my room with the two single beds is not the one for you, the others will suit you just fine, but as a solo traveler or perhaps with a friend, my room is great!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My husband and I are were fortunate Brown's Manor had a cancellation for the May long weekend and we were able to book the Colonial room for our last minute 2-day stay in Prince Edward County. The house is stunningly restored with impressive woodwork and trim throughout, beautiful antique furniture and spacious rooms with lovely high ceilings. The bathrooms have been fully updated and the bed was super comfortable. Diane and Ross are incredible hosts. They served a delicious big breakfast both days (including locally sourced gluten free bread and sausage selections for me), recommended restaurants and arranged our dinner reservations, and provided great insight on the best places to go based on our interests. We have already recommended Brown's Manor to many friends and definitely plan to go back for another visit ourselves!

Reviewed April 24, 2012

My wife and I visited for a weekend in the early fall. What a perfect place to stay to get to know and enjoy Picton. Absolutely gorgeous home so well preserved, spacious and spotless. We stayed in the "Colonial" room which is beautiful and so roomy with a spacious bright bathroom, next time we'll be booking earlier to try to get the "Ambassador" room with even more room and the plus of the jacuzzi tub along with the large separate shower stall. After a great nights sleep what could be better than a delicious plentiful breakfast. Diane and Ross put on such a full excellent breakfast that it sure didn't take much of a snack at lunch to hold us over until supper.
With Ross's help we had no trouble going out for part of the day with our map and detailed directions in hand. Again with suggestions for supper and reservations made for us it was a nice short walk into town to eat and drink without worrying about the driving.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple