“This place is Amazing...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Picton
Brown's Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 41 Picton B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 28, 2011

My husband, son and I stayed here this past summer and had a fantastic time. It was our first time in Picton Ontario; originally we were just passing through however we decided to stay a few nights as it was such a beautiful town. When we were walking the main street from shop to shop we talked with some locals as to where we should consider staying. The Brown's Manor was highly recommended and was just a short walk from the main street.
We walked the 5 minute walk from to meet with Ross and Diane. We were really impressed with not only their knowledge of Picton, with where to go and what to do, as well as the history. They were both so inviting, and we were extremely fortunate to have arrived during mid week as they had room availability without notice. Ross and Diane showed us the Colonial Room which was the only room left at that time; we can't even imagine what the other rooms look like. This room was immaculate, with a gorgeous king size bed and an en suite to die for. The system Ross and Diane have to run this business is unbelievable; they seemed to have a great sense of coordination like I have never seen before. You can tell they take pride in not only the business, but the service they are providing, the house history and the town itself.
Breakfast was perfect the next day, I myself have some dietary restrictions in which Ross and Diane asked us about the previous night. They made a meal to accommodate my needs which was excellent and much more than I could have asked for. After breakfast my family and I discussed further the various “to dos” around Picton and we opted for the Beach package which includes a pass to sandbanks, beach towels, cooler and chairs, which was all provided at no extra charge. The scenery is absolutely breathtaking and we would highly recommend this to any family visiting Picton.
We were truly thrilled that we were recommended to stay at the Brown’s Manor Bed and Breakfast and can hardly wait until we book our next visit there.

Room Tip: Colonial Room - Beautiful room
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 7, 2011

A lovely B&B , friendly and relaxing with great tasty breakfasts. The owners, Ross and Diane went out of their way to make us feel welcome. They sat down with the 'red' map of Picton - showing us where the wineries, cheese factories, and restaurants were and giving us some history along the way! The home is beautifully restored, a classic " Colonial Revival " home and we can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Colonial room, large ensuite,spotless. It is the original master bedroom to the ho...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2011

My husband and I decided to stay at Browns Manor. This was my first B&B – his umpteenth. I was blown away.
Accommodation: We had the room with twin beds. As we booked last minute, that what was available. The twin beds were pushed together for us. The room was cozy and perfect! The room was neat and beautifully decorated. The en-suite was fantastic, spacious and spotless.

Hospitality: Diane and Ross are amazing. They are so helpful, friendly and amazing cooks. Breakfast was plentiful and they are very understanding about allergies and any special dietary needs. They are very knowledgeable about the area and what to see and where to go. They simple ask that guests treat their home as if they were in their own and that is nothing to ask of guests in my opinion.

Food: They cook a great breakfast and Diane always has her home made jams and jellies. Yum!!!

If you stay here you will not be disappointed. I cannot think of a better first experience at a B&B for me. I hope to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nibrahim
Reviewed September 24, 2011

The perfect B&B! Clean, attractive, attentive and hospitable hosts, excellent breakfast. On top of that, it's historic: over 100 years old and nicely restored by current owners, who care about everything. Ross and Diane have a genuine interest in the pleasure of their guests - and it extends to one's enjoyment of all of Prince Edward County.

Room Tip: Two of the rooms are on the third floor; not a problem for us. Of the three rooms, two have plenty...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ted1K
Reviewed August 31, 2011

I am just back from a vacation and have been adding reviews of other hotels and thought to update any others I may have missed. Glad I did. I was very surprised to read the review by 'goosh98'. I have to add my comments now because my visit was nothing like what they have described. My 3 daughters and I went for a 'girls weekend'. Brown's Manor is absolutely breathtaking. The decor is beautiful and the hosts were amazing. We were in two rooms that were decorated perfectly, the furniture was luxurious, beds very comfortable. Location of the inn is within blocks of downtown and makes for a lovely stroll - also gives you many choices of restaurants. It is too bad this previous guest did not stay for breakfast because they were delicious (we stayed 2 nights). The hosts, Ross and Diane, were very accomodating, even for the daughter who can't eat wheat. There was always something for her in addition to our breakfast. I have no hesitation returning to Brown's Manor or recommending this inn to others.

Room Tip: Most romantic room for 2, with a fabulous ensuite, is on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Terezija J
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I stayed here for a girls' weekend this summer and we all loved it! The rooms were beautiful and very comfortable. Breakfast was delicious. I mentioned my wheat allergy at booking and Diane and Ross had gluten-free bread for me! They had great recommendations for the beach and wineries and helped with restaurant reservations. The location and atmosphere were great and I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed August 30, 2011

This was my second time visiting Brown's Manor and we had a great girls weekend. It's worth the trip just to see the gorgeous house and gardens. Diane and Ross suggested great restaurants and wineries to visit and provided maps and tons of helpful information. Both of our breakfasts were delicious (I strongly recommend trying the coffee cake!!). We felt very welcome and comfortable at Brown's Manor and the weekend ended much too quickly. Looking forward to my next visit!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Picton
The Waring House
Jackson's Falls Country Inn
The June Motel
The June Motel
#7 of 41 in Picton

Been to Brown's Manor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!